US Strikes in Syria

Jake
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, Reboot said:

I am just going to leave this right here....

00-assad-040116.jpg?w=1200&h=1200

Of course the wife must stand besides her husband dictator.  Otherwise, she might get 3 square meals a week in a torture chamber.  

• Like 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

Seriously, however, it makes little sense to me for Assad to have broken out the nerve gas. He is winning. He doesn't need it. He can stack up the bodies using more conventional means. And using it brings reprisals. Maybe I am crazy but something doesn't smell right. 

Edited by Reboot

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Reboot said:

He is winning. He doesn't need it.

When Hitler was winning the war was the time he was gassing Jews.  What does not make sense?  Everything does not make sense with a psycho dictator.

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted

Apples and oranges. Hitler did not deploy chemical weapons. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Reboot said:

Hitler did not deploy chemical weapons.

That’s because he pumped hydrogen cyanide gas into the killing rooms packed with Jews rather than dropping them as bombs.  I fail to see a difference, other than Hitler's way is more efficient, (if killing people you do not like is the objective).

Reboot
Posted
Posted

In war, killing people is secondary to accomplishing an objective. What Hitler was doing was genocide--killing Jews WAS the objective. Big difference. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:89: Not going to take sides here BUT don't let's forget, that the US are the only Country to use/Adopt the Gas Chamber as a tool/method of Execution

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Reboot said:

-killing Jews WAS the objective. Big difference. 

I see where you are coming from now.  I don't see the difference though.  Its my opinion that Assad does not want to just win.  He wants to exterminate his opponents.  So if he is winning he needs to take drastic measures to exterminate more of them.  He does not seem to want their surrender IMHO, he wants to be rid of them.  

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)

Another persons perspective. :89:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-14/syria-assad-says-idlib-chemical-attack-was-a-fabrication/8444470

This is the full interview not cut and pasted by Western Media. https://www.marketslant.com/article/full-assad-interview-gas-attack-100-fabricated

Edited by Snowy79
  • Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Good counterpoint Snowy -- depending what we read or believe, we will always have another perspective.  And I will respect your views or anyone's else.  Pissing contest in this forum will be monitored.  From time to time, I've been known to piss off the moderators....right Dave H?

• Like 1