Death as an Expat

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, jpbago said:

I got that, good for life (or 10 years whichever comes first).

Money back guarantee ?

jpbago
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Money back guarantee ?

No. It was free.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, stevewool said:

I dont see life there through rose tinted glasses and on all my trips over i get the runs but thats what most tourist gets.

My knees aren't what they used to be (carrying an extra 80 pounds don't help either) so I have to settle for 'the walks'. :6:

ok, seriously, how much do you change your diet? I used to expect that result as I travel but have not run (sorry, pun not intended) into that problem in many years and many destinations - Asia and Latin America.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, AlwaysRt said:

ok, seriously, how much do you change your diet? I used to expect that result as I travel but have not run (sorry, pun not intended) into that problem in many years and many destinations - Asia and Latin America.

A lot of the problem is the Water which is why I never use Ice I have not made myself

• Like 3

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

A lot of the problem is the Water which is why I never use Ice I have not made myself

I brush, shower, and shave with it. Since Coke is my 'go to' drink I have had plenty of ice also. Drinking water always from a bottle though. So far, a bit surprisingly, it has worked well for me. I am also very picky about eating from a roadside vendor, usually never without having had an eye on them for a couple days to determine their cleaning and food storage habits.

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

We can arrange that for a small fee. PM details of how you want to go and I can send an invoice. :thumbsup:

Ok, I want to die in a Ferrari Testarosa speeding along PCH at night with my lights off. 

Can you provide the Ferrai?  I'll do the rest. Look for the check, it will be in the mail.

• Like 4

robert k
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

Ok, I want to die in a Ferrari Testarosa speeding along PCH at night with my lights off. 

Can you provide the Ferrai?  I'll do the rest. Look for the check, it will be in the mail.

How about a Yugo and a blindfold? Almost the same thing?:smile:

• Like 5

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, robert k said:

How about a Yugo and a blindfold? Almost the same thing?:smile:

Not quite. Why?  Do you have a Yugo ? I'll settle for a Porsche.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
Just now, Gratefuled said:

Not quite. Why?  Do you have a Yugo ? I'll settle for a Porsche.

For you ED, I would find a Yugo. Finding a functional one might not be very cheap or easy either!

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

We just lost another one last night.  A fellow named Ken.  I feel vaguely uneasy about this as he has only been in Philippines for months, not years, and one of the reasons he came was due to some of the blogs I have online.

So if you are the kind of person who has never lived anywhere else and you are contemplating coming here for your retirement years, think long and hard on it.  

As I approach mid 60's I am tempted more and more to follow my own advice and spend more time in Canada. We will see where that goes as it's not part of this topic.

Hey Dave HornDog,

We thank you for the reality check about living abroad.  Just jumping on a plane filled with unknown airborne bugs for 16 hours plus will often times introduce you to the Asian flavor of sickness.  And then when you deplane, that oven like climate will immediately hit you in the face, sweating and feeling miserable again.  

As we are approaching our senior years and being more vulnerable to health issues, we must factor in the nearby medical facilities as we select our future residence.  We must look beyond our neighbors, rental cost and other conveniences.  Yeah, before signing that lease agreement, I would have already canvass who can I trust for treating my pre-existing ailments or at least provide quality medical care.

We simply cannot be stopped from coming over when we are suffering from the love/lust bug.  I find it refreshing Dave that you shared your remorse but we are grateful for the friendly warning. Regarding the local bugs, I usually get the chit fits after my first San Magoo.  After a couple days, I'm good to go.  I think it's the best medicine taken twice daily.

Respectfully Jake

Edited by Jake
spel chek
  • Like 5