Death as an Expat

jpbago
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, RBM said:

Not only in Philippines Dave, in NZ it's referred to as the old man's friend, my Dad also cercummed to this. I had this during my accident, it is was treatable mostly being forced to breath some concoction of hot chemicals. I understand there has been considerable progress here.

You had it during your accident recovery as you were bed ridden. It is common for an elderly person to get pneumonia after breaking a hip or leg then being bed ridden and not breathing deeply but for all these old guys here with young girls, you would think that they would be doing some heavy breathing. Or maybe it is low T.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just for Reading and maybe a take on Health in Relation to the Topic Have a Read of this Link

http://www.allaboutdiabetes.net/top-10-diseases-in-the-philippines/

As you can see Pneumonia is at number 8 so there are things worse that we should all bear in Mind :huh:

In Fact I found this site pretty good at answering some questions that I would have asked my Doctor

"Forewarned" comes to mind

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little

RBM
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, jpbago said:

You had it during your accident recovery as you were bed ridden. It is common for an elderly person to get pneumonia after breaking a hip or leg then being bed ridden and not breathing deeply but for all these old guys here with young girls, you would think that they would be doing some heavy breathing. Or maybe it is low T.

T is fine although at the time was wasted.Yes a few decades between us......

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

As you can see Pneumonia is at number 8 so there are things worse that we should all bear in Mind

In reading #8, I see why my wife gets me to take my shirt off after sweating from our 3 km morning walk. I hate telling her that she was right.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, jpbago said:

I hate telling her that she was right.

:hystery: Then don't, just do it cos she told you to and keep that happy medium :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Nickleback99 said:

Just about anywhere new you go, Especially the "Third World", you are going to get sick beyond "the norm."  

Point is, there are bugs and such in places like PI that can kill the healthiest of individuals or make you damn sick, And getting exposed and sick Does wear down your immune system over time if repeated.  

I Think my own system finally recovered and  For me, it's worth the risk to give it a shot, but always  have the plan B. ....And that pneumonia shot sounds like a solid plan! 

A survival of heavy pollutants (human body parts and dog feces) that you breath in daily, Nickleback has been there and done that.  A prime example of a typical Marine that adapts, improvised and overcummed.....he, he.  

Well done Master Guns!  

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jake said:

A survival of heavy pollutants (human body parts and dog feces) that you breath in daily, Nickleback has been there and done that.  A prime example of a typical Marine that adapts, improvised and overcummed.....he, he.  

Well done Master Guns!  

l recall a documentary about a desert war, maybe #2, maybe Rommell, that was won by the British building  rudimentary covered latrines while the other side did not cover their poo and was very sick with dysentery.

• Like 5

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jake said:

A prime example of a typical Marine that adapts, improvised and "overcummed".....he, he.  

I Wish!   Old Faithful maybe?  lol     But I'm "Good Once as I Ever Was"!     

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, jpbago said:

l recall a documentary about a desert war, maybe #2, maybe Rommell, that was won by the British building  rudimentary covered latrines while the other side did not cover their poo and was very sick with dysentery.

Throughout history many sieges were decided by who had an epidemic first, those within or those outside surrounding.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, robert k said:

Throughout history many sieges were decided by who had an epidemic first, those within or those outside surrounding.

Odd that Robert, I am reading a novel now based on History that is saying just that.

• Like 2