Transitioning to a Philippines Retirement

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

excuse the Humour but some days it keeps us all going

Hey Jack, you spelled Humor wrong..... oh wait, that is another thread ROTFLMAO :56da64b64cbd8_36_6_31:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Hey Jack, you spelled Humor wrong..... oh wait, that is another thread ROTFLMAO :56da64b64cbd8_36_6_31:

:hystery: barrel.jpg My turn for the barrel EH?:shades:

• Like 1

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, bastonjock said:

I dont want to go back to Phuket as its got all touristy now and i have great memories of the place ,i wish to keep them that way.

I was I Phuket in '91 doing some work along with great free time. It was Great!...so much more relaxed then.  Can't imagine what it's like now, even post-tsunami.  

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

You mentioned your Navy days and you can see in my member name that I am still a 'Hound driver so I think that many of us identify with one particular job in our lives that gave us at least a part of "who we are".  But like you, I had very little trouble transitioning.  I loved my job, and I still feel a kinship for people in the same profession, but it only a part of who we are.

The ones I feel a small pity for are the ones who hated every job they ever had so much that they have to come to Philippines and "pretend" they were someone important like a sniper or a SEAL or some such thing.  For me, I was proud, honored and full of self respect that I simply kept people safe and kept a huge piece of machinery between the ditches and the right way up for 30 years.  Now I am proud and honored to be engaged to a wonderful filipina lady and using my retirement to help her raise her son and have a better life.

(Yes folks, I popped the question on 7/17/17, she said YES,  and life is good again . . .  so transitioning to a Philippines retirement can be a fresh start if you look at it as a new beginning instead of an end to a career.)

Lots of info there. I get your member name now but I always thought that it was a British name.

Congrats on your engagement!

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Now I am proud and honored to be engaged to a wonderful filipina lady and using my retirement to help her raise her son and have a better life.

(Yes folks, I popped the question on 7/17/17, she said YES,  and life is good again . .

congratulations.jpg :thumbsup: From of all three of us  :smile:Siquijor Chilling.jpg

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little
  • Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Congrats on your engagement! 

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

(Yes folks, I popped the question on 7/17/17, she said YES,  and life is good again . . .  so transitioning to a Philippines retirement can be a fresh start if you look at it as a new beginning instead of an end to a career.)

Congratulations!!!! :wow::AddEmoticons04230:

That explains all the Filipinas around here with tears in their eyes the last couple days...

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Wow, talk about transitioning!  It's not the first step or the final phase living in the Philippines.  

May your highway be like an endless summer.  Congratulations Dave!  

• Like 3