Posted
Posted

Congratulations. I hope your fiance has found a good one. :hystery:

• Like 1

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

(Yes folks, I popped the question on 7/17/17, she said YES,  and life is good again . . .  so transitioning to a Philippines retirement can be a fresh start if you look at it as a new beginning instead of an end to a career.)

Congratulations Dave!  Wishing you both Much Happiness! ...and we look forward to meeting you soon. 

• Like 1

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yes folks, I popped the question on 7/17/17, she said YES,  and life is good again . . .  so transitioning to a Philippines retirement can be a fresh start if you look at it as a new beginning instead of an end to a career.)

Congratulations :AddEmoticons04230:. Looking forward to seeing your wedding pics.

• Like 1

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I simply kept people safe and kept a huge piece of machinery between the ditches and the right way up for 30 years.

Not easy I would imagine. Yesterday I was at the bus stop waiting for the bus into the local market town. A few minutes before my bus was due a bus with learner plates and a large nervous-looking woman at the helm drove into the development where I'm staying. The road layout is such that the driver has to do a three point turn at a point where the road forks in order to be able to regain the main road. Regular drivers make it look simple  The unfortunate driver made a pig's ear of the turn several times and I could imagine the instructor looking at his watch and fretting that it was only a couple of minutes until the next scheduled bus arrived.:biggrin:

Edited by not so old china hand
spelling
  • Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Congratulations. I hope your fiance has found a good one. :hystery:

Read this to her and had a laugh and said:  Tell him I said yes, I found a good one.  (Then I had to ask if she meant ME or the one that got away :hystery::hystery: )

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

(Then I had to ask if she meant ME or the one that got away :hystery::hystery: )

A bird in the hand , Springs to mind :89:

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

A bird in the hand , Springs to mind :89:

Are you sure that was a bird??? :whistling:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Are you sure that was a bird??? :whistling:

TUT, Tut, don't you remember my friend, that is what we Brits call a gal, A bird.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

TUT, Tut, don't you remember my friend, that is what we Brits call a gal, A bird.

Actually that is not the direction my mind went. More who's what was in whose hand.... too much Monty Python I suppose, thought it was time for something completely different.

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 7/19/2017 at 7:53 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Now I am proud and honored to be engaged to a wonderful filipina lady and using my retirement to help her raise her son and have a better life.

(Yes folks, I popped the question on 7/17/17, she said YES,  and life is good again . . .  so transitioning to a Philippines retirement can be a fresh start if you look at it as a new beginning instead of an end to a career.)

Wow. I thought you were an intractable bachelor. That didn't take long. Congratulations.

• Like 2