Living your dream

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

So I am wondering if you and I are doing pretty much the same things as anyone else and budget has f*ck all to do with it other than getting your digs in, or perhaps you too are on a low budget and I just misunderstood.

No, I am not on a low budget. Nothing worthwhile to spend money on here. I'm just having fun with you. At least you do not have thin skin and can take a joke.

Even if you are a wanker. 

:popcorn::hystery:

Edited by Gratefuled
  • Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gratefuled said:

No, I am not on a low budget. Nothing worthwhile to spend money on here. I'm just having fun with you. At least you do not have thin skin and can take a joke.

:popcorn::hystery:

So nothing worthwhile to spend your money on here?

I enjoyed Intramuros

The fort in Cebu and museum

The Shrine in Cebu

Tagaytay

Pearl Farm Resort in Samal Island

Mall of Asia

Maybe Palawan someday.

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

Yep.  I tolerate you too.  I think I even said one time that I would miss you if you quit the forum.  Well maybe I didn't say it in those words but I did take a shot at you :hystery:

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

It is amazing when someone starts ANOTHER thread like this and it wonders of through the houses and back again, reading some of the answers and questions it reads like many drink most days, many are here waiting for someone to say something so they can fight you and then there are the worriers ( thats me) and then there are people who just should not be there at all.

What a mixed bunch of folk we are and funny thing is most of us gets on , yes as someone has mentioned you do have to let things float over your head , keep up the good work all.

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

So nothing worthwhile to spend your money on here?

I enjoyed Intramuros

The fort in Cebu and museum

The Shrine in Cebu

Tagaytay

Pearl Farm Resort in Samal Island

Mall of Asia

Maybe Palawan someday.

Yes, I said that and  was kinda stretching it to include malls as worthwhile. 

Then what?

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yep.  I tolerate you too.  I think I even said one time that I would miss you if you quit the forum.  Well maybe I didn't say it in those words but I did take a shot at you :hystery:

Moderator's Note:  Off topic and derisive.  (Do you prefer it this way Ungratefuled or can we be civil now?)

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, stevewool said:

What a mixed bunch of folk we are and funny thing is most of us gets on , yes as someone has mentioned you do have to let things float over your head , keep up the good work all.

Isn't it wonderful that a mature bunch of old farts have such a great sense of humoUr?  

That's humour with a U for the wankers.

• Like 2

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, stevewool said:

What a great write up, and its something that may have bored you too.

Yes there is google and you tube and even books, but there is also friends and other folk  who are living in the places that someone may be looking at moving too, so if these people have the time and are happy to give that time to help or advice to stop people falling into something that may be wrong well i am all for that, well unless they start charging that is.

One or 3 too many JD's probably, I definitely went on and on, soz. Steve, totally agree with what you say and that's why we are all here, I too ask many questions especially on living costs in Ph, done so on expat sites for many years, perhaps I am at the stage where I have asked and learned, lived on and off for two years plus a dozen trips or more and pretty much know the cost of things there, what to expect for our bucks.

I wrote my projected costs some time ago either here or another site and came up with AU $3,500.00 +, some PHP 125,000 per month, but that was to live how we want and is very affordable for us but if we had to could cut back easily but hey that's our budget and comfortable. Our budget was derived from on the ground experience lots of input from well versed people on this and other sites. As said at the end of the day we wanted our particular lifestyle and those were the costs, in saying this I am sure we will spend more because we can. Every body is different and yes you are right I see how locals (our families there) live and the money they live on,,,,,,,lessons there to be learnt by me. My input wasn't negative at all and maybe I should have ended with OMO. Enjoy.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 2

bows00
Posted
Posted

This is just another budget thread...

But the title is about "Living Your Dreams".   Money, to me, is only a fraction of MY dreams.  Is it important?  Hell yeah!  But only a fraction.

I am set to retire at the end of the year in the Philippines and I find myself concentrating more on personal fulfillment.  A sense of purpose.  Things to do to keep me occupied so I won't get too bored and hit the bottle at 10 am.  Maybe my solution is to find a Filipina I can wake up to every morning - maybe even having my own kids?  Or living on the beach and surfing every day...

There is more to life than money.   

• Like 5