What are some pros and cons about living in and/or away from the city?

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted (edited)

After some recommendations and evaluations with some surprises I found several (and still too many) possible locations for a future living. One of the surprises is that the cities are quite clean. Another one was that the reviews of the hospitals on Negros Oriental was not so good (Only one hospital with 4.0 or more stars on Google maps). A third one was, that it was quite difficult to find normal and affordable houses or 2 bedroom condos in Puerta Princesa online. Same counts in a somewhat lesser degree also for Baguio and Tagaytay. 

My list of possible locations:

Antipolo
Metro Cebu
Metro Manila
Metro Davao
Bacolod
Iloilo
Cagayan de Oro
San Fernando (La Union)
Tagum
Santa Maria (Bulacan)
Laguna Province
Ormoc
Olongapo/SBFZ (SBFZ needs own car due the fact that the public transport there is not good)
Bayawan (Will get some improvements soon so that it will be qualified)
Balayan (Difficulties finding normal affordable homes or 2 br condos online, easier if searching in whole Batangas province)
Dumaguete (No hospital with review 4.0 or more)
Siquijor (No malls and no hospital with 4.0 or more)
Valencia NegOr (cooler climate, but lot of activities have to be done in Dumaguete)
Tanjay (No mall, hospital with no review)
Bais (Hospital below 4.0, will get a mall soon)
Puerto Princesa (Difficulties finding normal affordable homes or 2 br condos online)
Tagaytay (Difficulties finding normal affordable homes or 2 br condos online)
Baguio (Difficulties finding normal affordable homes or 2 br condos online)

The cities/municipalities/provinces in brackets have some issues, but they still remain on the list because in 9 years there can still change a lot in these areas.

Edited by Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted (edited)

Edit: Some notifications: My wife told me that she does not like to live in the Cebu area but did not stated if that counts also for the Mactan island.

Metro Manila only if we have to go much earlier than the planned move in 9 years.

On Dumaguete she says that there are too much traffic mess due the new traffic regulations.

Edited by Dr. Shiva

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Dr. Shiva said:

My wife told me that she does not like to live in the Cebu area

Did she have a reason? Has she been to Cebu before ?

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dr. Shiva said:

Edit: Some notifications: My wife told me that she does not like to live in the Cebu area but did not stated if that counts also for the Mactan island.

Metro Manila only if we have to go much earlier than the planned move in 9 years.

On Dumaguete she says that there are too much traffic mess due the new traffic regulations.

I ride a motorbike and it takes 10 minutes to get from Robinsons mall to Silliman university.After that the traffic is not so bad.If you avoid rush hour the traffic is not too bad at all.

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Did she have a reason? Has she been to Cebu before ?

Yeah. She was many times in Cebu. Too much traffic, to dirty even it was becoming better, bad air, quite expensive and more. Her relatives are living in Ormoc City and in Tayasan. Therefore she have to go thru Cebu everytime to meet them. And she have friends in Minglanilla. To get back to Cebu is terrible with that amount of traffic. Now with available flights from Davao to Dumaguete and to Tacloban, she prefers now Davao over Cebu.

(Same counts for Metro Manila in a more severe degree also.)

I would agree with this also. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, Dr. Shiva said:

I would agree with this also. 

Pity you are not here to come and sit with us Guys & Gals (when  a lady member decides to join us :whistling:There is MORE to Dumaguete than bad traffic :thumbsup:

Just saying :smile:

• Like 1

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Pity you are not here to come and sit with us Guys & Gals (when  a lady member decides to join us :whistling:There is MORE to Dumaguete than bad traffic :thumbsup:

Just saying :smile:

Just to soothe you: Dumaguete is not removed from my list. :thumbsup:. The hospital front can still become better.

Edited by Dr. Shiva
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Dr. Shiva said:

The hospital front can still become better.

I hope you are right but I don't see it.  There are two new hospitals being built but there is so much demand for services that I think they already need more than what is being built.  Its not just for the city of Dumaguete.  Every town within 100 kilometers send their sick and injured people to Dumaguete hospitals.

• Like 1

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I hope you are right but I don't see it.  There are two new hospitals being built but there is so much demand for services that I think they already need more than what is being built.  Its not just for the city of Dumaguete.  Every town within 100 kilometers send their sick and injured people to Dumaguete hospitals.

Make that 150 km. When the people had to send even sick people from San Carlos to Dumaguete because of the terrible service there in San Carlos.

davewe
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I ride a motorbike and it takes 10 minutes to get from Robinsons mall to Silliman university.After that the traffic is not so bad.If you avoid rush hour the traffic is not too bad at all.

I have to learn the roads better. The other day we wanted to go to Sibulan port. I have been driving it, taking the national highway through downtown and then out to Sibulan, which if anything is slower than Duma. But this time we texted a driver we have used. He picked us all up (all 8) and took what I would think of as back roads all the way from Valencia to Sibulan. Never used the national highway at all and came out at Sibulan public market. Took him 20 minutes also, with that packed trike. Sometimes the road less traveled is well - a lot less traveled. We only saw a few cars the entire trip.

• Like 1