Monthly meet up, Dumaguete

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Were you guys successful?

Not really.  We tried really hard but just could not have a successful get together with just the 5 of us.  We needed you to show up :hystery:

Yeah, seriously, it was grand!  But a couple of the guys were having so much fun that we were not allowed to take photographic evidence :7500:

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

I fell asleep listening to the rain hitting the roof. When it is hard enough I can't hear the tv. Were you guys successful? How are the bridges holding up?

The bridge by hypermart is down and I heard that a bamboo one has washed away as well.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

The bridge by hypermart is down and I heard that a bamboo one has washed away as well.

The bridge by hypermart meaning national highway (the other bridge being Perdices St)? Or the spillway crossing 'shortcut' on the road next to hypermart that has had several pictures posted on FB (the other crossing being further up Valencia highway)?

Edited by AlwaysRt
Wow it is raining hard now - not exactly what we need at the moment.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I have just been told that both of the spillways have washed away.( they look like bridges to me haha)So if you have to go into town you are in for a long ride as the traffic all has to go on the only two roads left complete.I am not sure if you can go further over to take the road into town.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

.I am not sure if you can go further over to take the road into town.

AlwaysRt has rented in a good location so he can go down the hill from Valencia to the Palinpinon road (below the landslides :thumbsup: ) and drive straight to town.  The spot where he would cross the Banica River is a high bridge (near Pigeon) and the river is not as big there.

I think he could make it.  I would try that route if I had to get from Valencia to town, but don't take my word for it.  Go take a look :Policeman:

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

AlwaysRt has rented in a good location so he can go down the hill from Valencia to the Palinpinon road (below the landslides :thumbsup: ) and drive straight to town.  The spot where he would cross the Banica River is a high bridge (near Pigeon) and the river is not as big there.

I think he could make it.  I would try that route if I had to get from Valencia to town, but don't take my word for it.  Go take a look :Policeman:

Dave, all he needs is a ride on one of his amphib vehicles.  AlwaysRt is riding shotgun in this photo:

Amphib.jpg

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jake said:

Dave, all he needs is a ride on one of his amphib vehicles.  AlwaysRt is riding shotgun in this photo:

Amphib.jpg

Some people think it is strange jumping out of a perfectly good airplane. Don't hear much of people's thoughts about driving off a perfectly good ship like LST Peoria in a large steel coffin (amtrack) straight into the open ocean but been there done that many times. Only crappy part about it for me was sucking diesel fumes in the ship waiting for our turn to get out of there. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Last I heard it was getting to be a victim of erosion, closed to vehicles - except for motorcycles. I hope that hols as it is a rout I take often to get away from traffic that will be even more handy in the next few months. Luckily they actually finished upgrading the road to concrete so no more mud and washout issues - except for the last 5-10 meters to the bridge.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Well the good news is the weather is supposed to be getting better from tomorrow.Still a chance of rain but the main storm will be past us.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

Well the good news is the weather is supposed to be getting better from tomorrow

Well that's good to know.  I did not get my roof fixed this week because its been raining too hard to work on it but if the weather is getting better next week then I needn't worry about the water leaks. :hystery:

Seriously, supposed to get some leaks fixed this week and the sealer works best when its not raining so good to hear that news.

• Like 2