Monthly meet up, Dumaguete

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Well if we are gonna play "number of times a guy does not show up after saying he was coming" I certainly would not win that contest. But I must admit I would be a contender. So you fellows do as you wish.  Majority rules and all that sort of thing.

Well there was a time there I would have won that title easily, not so much anymore - in no small part by the group being willing to move to a different Thursday. Very much appreciated by me, I am honored. The whole changing location thing just popped in my head as an observation to start with. All 6 of us attending came down from Valencia. Next thought was you could avoid traffic coming the back way and Eddie wouldn't hardly see any traffic at all. Just an idea to kick around and not sure there is a venue to accomodate us to our liking is why I hadn't posted about it. 

7 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I have been told/asked by the sig other:  "You wouldn't go out with the boys on Valentine's day, would you?"

Sounds like an official request to push back a week? I hadn't thought about it much but probably in my best interest also LOL How is everyone on dates? Push up to next week the 7th or back to the 23rd? I am good for either - still at Chin Loong as there was no official change on location.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Sounds like an official request to push back a week? I hadn't thought about it much but probably in my best interest also LOL How is everyone on dates? Push up to next week the 7th or back to the 23rd

Well I do like to keep her happy, so yes the 7th or 23rd would be better for me.  I suppose I should plan on doing something with Lynne of the 14th (Who came up with that stupid Valentines day anyway?  Rhetorical.  I shall Google it.)

Spoiler

Emperor Claudius II had banned marriage because he thought married men were bad soldiers. Valentine felt this was unfair, so he broke the rules and arranged marriages in secret.

When Claudius found out, Valentine was thrown in jail and sentenced to death.

There, he fell in love with the jailer's daughter and when he was taken to be killed on 14 February he sent her a love letter signed "from your Valentine".

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
On 1/30/2019 at 9:06 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

or 23rd would be better for me.

Dumaguete Chapter,

SO, The Founding Committee of the aforementioned Chapter Kevin and his mate.jpg Had a meeting today and unanimously voted that in view of the date we saw no reason not to Put back the February Meeting to Thursday 21st of the Month so that all those that felt the need to spend time with HTMBO can do so :whistling: Of course Eddie has a Big reason to celebrate on That day as the Little one is due imminently (Hope all goes well mate)

So the meet will be Thursday the 21st  Of Feb at around 1 pm at CHIN LOONG  and happy valentines.jpg My Co Comittee member and I will still meet on the 14th at some place and discuss things that maybe will have Naff all you lot will be interested in, as you know, we only talk S...t anyway :hystery: Have A Great  Day all of you and see you on the 21st ( Dave That is the 21st OK! :wink: Azon has spare Calendars if you want one) :whistling:

:thumbsup: Peter thinking.jpg

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Dumaguete Chapter,

SO, The Founding Committee of the aforementioned Chapter Kevin and his mate.jpg Had a meeting today and unanimously voted that in view of the date we saw no reason not to Put back the February Meeting to Thursday 21st of the Month so that all those that felt the need to spend time with HTMBO can do so :whistling: Of course Eddie has a Big reason to celebrate on That day as the Little one is due imminently (Hope all goes well mate)

So the meet will be Thursday the 21st  Of Feb at around 1 pm at CHIN LOONG  and happy valentines.jpg My Co Comittee member and I will still meet on the 14th at some place and discuss things that maybe will have Naff all you lot will be interested in, as you know, we only talk S...t anyway :hystery: Have A Great  Day all of you and see you on the 21st ( Dave That is the 21st OK! :wink: Azon has spare Calendars if you want one) :whistling:

:thumbsup: Peter thinking.jpg

Mate they all poofs, mind you I tried to be romantic today so I gave my wife a hug and grabbed her arse oh my she went ballistic,she did not talk to me all the way home, in the car, from Robinsons mall

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Ok girls it`s that time of the month so !pm at Chin loong.I am very thirsty.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

:58:

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Final few days in this month's countdown....:waiting_80_anim_gif:

• Haha 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

On 1/31/2019 at 4:04 PM, Jack Peterson said:

Dumaguete Chapter,

So the meet will be Thursday the 21st  Of Feb at around 1 pm at CHIN LOONG 

17 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Final few days in this month's countdown....:waiting_80_anim_gif:

Hello all Dumaguete regualars (or irregulars in some cases, lol)

Kinda last minute - but I’m thinking of taking a ride there on a motorbike from Cebu City - Honda XR150 - done a few longer trips on it around Cebu, not the most comfy, but it’ll do. Will leave Cebu tomorrow - Wednesday morning about 9-10am and stay in Duma until Friday or Saturday.

A few questions:

Hotel recommendations? Not too far from Chin Loong, has parking for a motorbike, price not a major concern, but under 4K and accepts credit cards (maybe can book online - or might just wing it and wait till I arrive to find one?). I’m one of those evil cigarette smokers, so would also be nice if they allowed smoking in the room. Don’t really care about breakfast or other amenities, like a pool, but aircon and hot shower is a must. Beach front would be a plus. 

Ferry - from Santander or is else where better to cross? Cost and how often they run? Done a few from Cebu to Bohol and Camotes in the past, so am aware of what paperwork to have and terminal fees, etc. I don’t have the OR/CR for the bike - just a rental agreement/ecliptic. Wasn’t an issue at a check point here in Mabolo, but do you think it would be a problem at the port? Or do they even ask for it there? I know they do when going to Bohol. 

Thanks in advance - feel free to PM me. And if I do make it - first round of cold ones is on me ;)

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Gator said:

). I’m one of those evil cigarette smokers, so would also be nice if they allowed smoking in the room

Don't know of one that allows that.  Dumaguete is supposed to be a "smoke-free" city.  Some places are strict.  You have to go stand on the street if you want to smoke while drinking with us at Chin Loong.  Nicanor Hotel is close to Chin Loong.  All you ask for with prices from 1000 a night and up.  But no "smoking" rooms.

3 hours ago, Gator said:

Ferry - from Santander or is else where better to cross? Cost and how often they run

Yeah.  They call it the barge.  Maayo ferry.  Runs every hour and a half all day until about 10:30 pm.  Ask for a return ticket.  Costs you 300 plus some nickel and dime stuff like port taxes.  If you want to figure it out.  Start counting at 6 am and then every hour and a half after that is another barge.

Gator
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

.............All you ask for with prices from 1000 a night and up.  But no "smoking" rooms.
Yeah.  They call it the barge.  Maayo ferry.  Runs every hour and a half all day.............

Thanks for the info Dave!

• Like 1