Right to bear arms.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I imagine there are shooting ranges where you can rent guns.  I don't get your point.

26 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

You may have noticed that you cannot take your truck off your own private property without registering the truck, having insurance on the truck, and having a license to operate that truck.  So if you want to treat firearms like trucks, that will work fine.

I may have missed your point about the requirements for a legal truck and having the same for legal guns.  The point is, you can get anything you want illegally.  Laws don't stop someone who really wants something.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Thanks 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

One person, with a gun, in Las Vegas, changed the world of these 4 kids in this pic.

These 4 kids.jpg

The mother was one of the victims in Las Vegas and someone had to tell these 4 that their mother is not coming home.  Their world just changed forever.

So maybe its time to talk and sort out this problem that many can see,

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well Dave  and the boss man you where right.

I started this thread for me to say how sorry i was with what was happening the other side of the world and in my eyes why do people need all these things in there life , is it a hobby having a different gun for different things , i have no idea .

Common sense is all i was asking for , but ones common sense from a different part of the world is different to someone somewhere else .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

The video I posted a bit ago, here

Is an excellent, humorous and interesting point of view.  I cannot provide a transcript and I cannot agree with 100% of his message, but 90% of it is right on.  I would love to see members watch the entire video, (sorry it seems to be a Facebook link as they are slowly taking over the world), and then rebut his points here.

Go for it guys!

• Thanks 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

So sad but its true.

I wonder if the politicians could speak this way many more may understand .

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

The point is, you can get anything you want illegally.  Laws don't stop someone who really wants something.

True but something needs to be done.

Rights to bear arms?

What about the right to live, the right to be able to go to a concert or anywhere without others taking your right to life?  There needs to be stricter control over gun ownership which is a starting point. 

• Like 3

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Stagering, sad and pointless, thanks for the link JGF.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

A private citizen can legally buy, sell or own a fully automatic weapon in the US but they are tightly restricted and regulated by federal law. Fees are very high and the application process is slow, cumbersome and complicated. But anyone can legally buy a “butt (or reciprocating) stock” device for $99, no questions asked, that effectively converts a semi-auto weapon to a rough version of full automatic. But since the weapon wasn’t designed to be used as such, results are wildly unpredictable. The weapon part has to be forced forward from the stock while firing so the recoil action can allow continuous firing. It can’t be aimed with ANY degree of accuracy; it’s point and spray.  

Common sense left this debate a long time ago.  

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, MikeB said:

Common sense left this debate a long time ago.

You can say that again:

The Second Amendment

It's only a sentence long; 27 words that barely take up a full line on the Bill of Rights.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
And yet, for years, those 27 brief words have been the source of contentious debate -- seen by some as an inalienable protection against tyranny; by others as a dangerous anachronism.

Where does it say that you can carry those arm off your private property?  Where does it say this amendment is cast in stone and cannot be changed?  Where does it define arms? (Which it cannot possible do as the kind of armaments we have today did not even exist when this was written).  Where is this "well regulated Militia" these days?

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Maybe you missed what I was saying. There are two issues licensing people and registering firearms. One is about trying to ensure those who handle firearms are safe, the other is about knowing what property I own. Obviously, I hope, I see a much better argument for one over the other and not both.

Great point! IMO should be part of the responsibility gun owners and those that handle firearms would be required to pass.

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic