Right to bear arms.

stevewool
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Reboot said:

A British acquaintance who is an avid hunter just reported they are tightening the gun laws in the UK...news came out the day after Vegas. He is going to have to turn several of his firearms in.

Not read of heard about this,

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Lots of responses for this thread and no one has convinced me why a normal person should have to have a handgun in there life, yes if you fancy shooting one go to the range and fire one there i am sure they could loan you a gun, if you want to go on a hunt well i am sure there must be clubs where you can go off for the weekend and shoot a duck agai i am sure you could loan a gun there.

I think the problem here is " nobody is going to tell me what to do attitude ".

Here in England i have broom standing in the corner of the room and its there to sweep the floor, but i am sure if someone was trying to get into the house when i was in then that broom would come in handy, plus a few shouts here and there, i am not a brave man and i am sure holding a gun would make me no braver either.

• Like 1

ClearSky
Posted
Posted

A gun is of type weapon.

Do we want to ban all weapons or only guns ?

What a weapon does is equalize competitors or provide one or both an advantage.

The story:

It late one night.. your home with your family (kids and wife). Three guys are going to break down your door and.... {imagine the worst}. Your in your 60's and not a trained fighter, the intruders are bigger, younger and drunk or worse. Ya think it can't or won't happen, and if it doesn't the gun stays put and never see's the light of day. But... what if....

The weapons is to equalize or overcome a situation that you would otherwise loose. Ya don't have to be brave or mean or any kind of bad to want to defend yours. But you DO NEED THE ABILITY.

----

I put my shields up, in expectation of the response .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, stevewool said:

Lots of responses for this thread and no one has convinced me why a normal person should have to have a handgun in there life, 

With all respect, Steve, if you don't want a hand gun then don't own one. As for me, I'm a grown man and will choose for myself also.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Steve please don't challenge other forum members no one is required to convince you or anyone else in this regard. Please don't take this wrong but others may take offense to how you worded your post. I know for sure that's not how you intended it but I can see how others may not. This is a sensitive subject especially after what has taken place in Las Vegas.

For the record I don't own any firearms although I have a legal right to do so. If others wish to own a hand gun, rifle or shotgun that is their business not mine.

• Thanks 1

Lou49
Posted
Posted

You can ban guns, knives,and forks and spoons and egg beaters but these atrocities will continue as long as psychopaths walk the earth. And criminals will break any laws if they feel like it. They will use cars and trucks or a sack full of molotov cocktails. You can't predict or stop them. Best to have a gun handy and hope u won't need it.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Lou49 said:

You can ban guns, knives,and forks and spoons and egg beaters but these atrocities will continue as long as psychopaths walk the earth. And criminals will break any laws if they feel like it. They will use cars and trucks or a sack full of molotov cocktails. You can't predict or stop them. Best to have a gun handy and hope u won't need it.

I dont think anyone has said ban guns but I think some agree there must be tighter control in these times. Yes I'm Australian and Australia has never been a gun culture like the US but after we had one massacre tight restrictions came in and we dont have the sort of issues that the US sees so often like schoolyard shootings. So if some countries can control guns and that does not mean remove all then it can be done for the better of all. 

Australian gun laws are all over the news once again so maybe it will be looked at. For the record there was protests at the time when these rules came in but what 20 something years later all is good so people can adapt to new things.

• Like 3

Reboot
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

Steve please don't challenge other forum members no one is required to convince you or anyone else in this regard. Please don't take this wrong but others may take offense to how you worded your post. I know for sure that's not how you intended it but I can see how others may not. This is a sensitive subject especially after what has taken place in Las Vegas.

For the record I don't own any firearms although I have a legal right to do so. If others wish to own a hand gun, rifle or shotgun that is their business not mine.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I didn't take offense because I don't think Steve wanted to give offense. We disagree, and he has a strong opinion, that is all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

Britain to limit knife and acid sales apparently severely restricting firearms didn't go quite far enough! :hystery:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-40640810

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-security-acid/britain-to-limit-acid-sales-after-steep-rise-in-assaults-idUSKCN1C817L

MANCHESTER, England (Reuters) - Britain will limit sales of sulphuric acid and outlaw the sale of such corrosive substances to children after a spate of assaults and its possible use to make bombs, interior minister Amber Rudd said on Tuesday.

Much to public alarm, the number of incidents where assailants have used acid has risen sharply, with police figures suggesting there had been more than 400 corrosive substance attacks in the six months to April this year.

Please forgive me for suggesting that apparently Britain needs to implement better acid control. Perhaps it has been blocked by the influence of the National Corrosives Association. :shades:

1507052283506.jpg

Edited by Reboot

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Reboot said:

Britain to limit knife and acid sales. :hystery:

FFS,    JGF, can you sign a leave form I think I need a couple of days Off Annual leave form.jpg:whistling:

@Jollygoodfellow

Jack:smile:

Morning All:photo-109:

• Haha 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic