Right to bear arms.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

This is where I dont understand; what is the problem with a few stricter laws such as background check or each gun is licensed to the owner. In this news article it say the shooter bought 30 guns in October 2016. Why? Is he a security company? Why is there no way for some red flags to come up? Normal people would not be buying 30 guns in a month. 

investigators were examining the possibility Paddock's purchase of more than 30 guns in October 2016 might have been precipitated by some triggering event in his life. 

https://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/37359023/las-vegas-shooting-sheriff-says-gunmen-may-not-have-been-alone/

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

This is where I dont understand; what is the problem with a few stricter laws such as background check or each gun is licensed to the owner. In this news article it say the shooter bought 30 guns in October 2016. Why? Is he a security company? Why is there no way for some red flags to come up? Normal people would not be buying 30 guns in a month. 

When you go to a dealer, a background check is always performed, at least in FL. I believe that is the case in NV, as well. The system is Federal and called NICS. If there's a felony or something like that on your record, no sale.

Edited by Reboot

Jake
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Reboot said:

When you go to a dealer, a background check is always performed, at least in FL. I believe that is the case in NV, as well. The system is Federal and called NICS. If there's a felony or something like that on your record, no sale.

Yeah, I hear ya Reboot.  I assume you're talking about a "licensed gun dealer", right?  As you may know, there are plenty of unlicensed gun dealers that will sell all kinds of weapons without any background checks or documentations.  Cash and carry feeds their hunger for money:

Do you know if this illegal practice has been curtailed by state and federal agencies?  

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Jake said:

Yeah, I hear ya Reboot.  I assume you're talking about a "licensed gun dealer", right?  As you may know, there are plenty of unlicensed gun dealers that will sell all kinds of weapons without any background checks or documentations.  Cash and carry feeds their hunger for money:

Do you know if this illegal practice has been curtailed by state and federal agencies?  

The ATF exists to go after such people, and they often make things difficult for people who aren't actually dealers.

Personally, I am not aware of any such unlicensed people, and I know a lot of collector's, hunters, competition shooters, etc in the area.

But that doesn't mean I can't sell you something out of my collection without a license.

That doesn't make me a gun dealer any more than selling you my car makes me a car dealer.

I have several guns that came into my possession without the need for a background check. One I bought from my former brother in law for my ex-wife a decade ago. It was a small .38SP revolver. It's with her now. The others I inherited from my grandfather when he passed away in 2013. One of them I gave to my brother as a keepsake.

Edited by Reboot

Reboot
Posted
Posted

now-thats-just-overkill-i-mean-reall-who

Reboot
Posted
Posted

screen-shot-2017-04-23-at-6-27-53-pmwtmk

Jake
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Reboot said:

now-thats-just-overkill-i-mean-reall-who

I assume those metal storage boxes are ammo boxes?  Hopefully his storage space is equipped with a fire suppression system and meeting city codes for storing such items?  I guess he's well equipped to handle all the zombies in the world and probably has secret weapons and food cache around his neighborhood.  

He's a well prepared "prepper" and I'm sure there are others like him that would establish a co-op to protect against all the criminals/terrorists/zombies/neighbors in the world, as well as the national guard trying to take his weapons away??  

Lou49
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jake said:

It just goes to show you, criminals don’t care about laws and will always be able to get guns.

Reboot
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jake said:

I assume those metal storage boxes are ammo boxes?  Hopefully his storage space is equipped with a fire suppression system and meeting city codes for storing such items?  I guess he's well equipped to handle all the zombies in the world and probably has secret weapons and food cache around his neighborhood.  

He's a well prepared "prepper" and I'm sure there are others like him that would establish a co-op to protect against all the criminals/terrorists/zombies/neighbors in the world, as well as the national guard trying to take his weapons away??  

Judging by the picture, it's a garage, not a ship, and the ammo is for small arms, not for explosive propellants nor other such.

WHIPPING BOY
Posted
Posted

Well Stevewool, one sure way to be convinced is to live on a farm in South Africa, or in almost any country area here. I'm typing with my pistol right in front of the keyboard.

Frankly with the crime reports in Philippines I wonder about living there without a firearm.

And then the risk of locals viewing my dogs as a food source..:th_thbarbaque:

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic