Right to bear arms.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, canadamale said:

Awww but the human element is still there, be it a clumsy clot or not

OK, I concede the point.  If some stupid human had not left his gun loaded then the gun would not kill someone.  Besides, we are never gonna solve the debate.

Once interesting point, as we are both Canadians, is that the Canadian government tried to institute gun registrations in 1995 and it was repealed in 2012

So if a mild mannered country like Canada cannot force their citizens to register their guns, what chance has the USA got?

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

OK, I concede the point.  If some stupid human had not left his gun loaded then the gun would not kill someone.  Besides, we are never gonna solve the debate.

Once interesting point, as we are both Canadians, is that the Canadian government tried to institute gun registrations in 1995 and it was repealed in 2012

So if a mild mannered country like Canada cannot force their citizens to register their guns, what chance has the USA got?

That's it.....I'm taking my Apache helos, Abrams tank and my rapid fire AR-21 (70K rounds per second) and move to Canada.  I'll keep my "bump-bump" stock a secret.  I need that spring loaded action for butt thrust.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

It is with that background/perspective that I say... I find this advertisement video stupid, consider the modification stupid, and have no idea why it was approved for sale - and totally dumbfounded that it was approved under the Obama administration.

100% agreement with your assessment of that video!  What a crock! 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Jake said:

I'm taking my Apache helos, Abrams tank and my rapid fire AR-21 (70K rounds per second) and move to Canada.

Sorry Jake, the "gun registration" bill failed in Canada but there is a much stricter regulation about the type of firearm you can own, compared to the US.  Most Canadians seem happy that they can keep their hunting rifles and such but that's enough for most of us.  The Canadian people who like guns are mainly the rural folk and to shoot a deer with a rapid fir AR-21 would destroy the meat. :hystery:

• Like 2

Lou49
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

My sympathy to your family for their loss but maybe Castro in taking the weapons from the people has saved thousands of lives. This year in the USA there has been 33,599 gun related deaths and in Cuba there has been 58. Even taking into consideration the population differences If Cuba had a similar population it could work out at 1,621 deaths hypothetically.

Also as Castro proved having the population armed never stopped him from removing the weapons from them in the first place and I'm sure if the people decided to rise up against the Government in the USA no amount of firearms will hold off a Government with Appache helicopters, tanks, aircraft and a whole military at it's disposal.

Not 33,599

There have been 7,089 gun-related deaths in the U.S. since the start of 2016, according to the Gun Violence Archive. Over 300 of the victims were children, 947 involved a police officer shooting/killing a perpetrator, and 179 were mass shooting incidents. https://www.nationalobserver.com/2016/07/08/news/americans-are-killing-51-times-more-people-guns-canadians

In 2015, 10,265 people died in alcohol-impaired driving crashes, accounting for nearly one-third (29%) of all traffic- elated deathshould s in the United States.1

https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/impaired_driving/impaired-drv_factsheet.html

More people died  due to alcohol impaired drivers than gun violence. Maybe they should ban drinking and driving. Oh wait.....they tried that and it didn’t work.

Edited by Lou49

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lou49 said:

Not 33,599

There have been 7,089 gun-related deaths in the U.S. since the start of 2016, according to the Gun Violence Archive. Over 300 of the victims were children, 947 involved a police officer shooting/killing a perpetrator, and 179 were mass shooting incidents. https://www.nationalobserver.com/2016/07/08/news/americans-are-killing-51-times-more-people-guns-canadians

In 2015, 10,265 people died in alcohol-impaired driving crashes, accounting for nearly one-third (29%) of all traffic- elated deathshould s in the United States.1

https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/impaired_driving/impaired-drv_factsheet.html

More people died  due to alcohol impaired drivers than gun violence. Maybe they should ban drinking and driving. Oh wait.....they tried that and it didn’t work.

I'm not 100% sure of the figures as I'm sure there are many different figures depending on who publishes the source. As for the alcohol verses guns banning I'm not wanting to ban guns I'm just making sure they are in the hands of those that purchased them and only able to be fired by them. Sure it won't stop a nutter if he purchases one but I'm certain it'll make the country safer. Maybe while they are at it they could implement a system in a vehicle where the driver has to breathe into a breathalyser type of contraption to allow the vehicle to start. My source was http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/compare/47/total_number_of_gun_deaths/194

Edited by Snowy79
  • Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

And on it rolls , sorry boys but its beyond me now, i have no idea about guns and what models they are , i have never handled a gun and in fact i have never seen a gun other then my grandsons 2 he has with his cowboy suit he wears and i have no idea what they are.

I dont think i can add anymore to this thread and as a outsider its silly to me, i am not saying the people who love these items are wrong or right at all, but from someone from another world, well its been good to talk.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Maybe while they are at it they could implement a system in a vehicle where the driver has to breathe into a breathalyser type of contraption to allow the vehicle to start.

They do in Australia. If you have been caught drinking and driving over the limit so many times or require your licence to work the vehicle is fitted with a device at your cost and it wont start if you are over the limit. 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

They do in Australia

I can just imagine:  "Honey, can you come over here and wrap your lips around this thing and blow a few times.  I can't get it to work. :hystery:  Yes I'm on topic.  I am talking about the right to bare short arms

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Old55 said:

Ron, it's not in our culture to massacre large number of concert goers. I know that's not how you intended what you said but please lets all speak with care and respect.

FWIW Ron I think you and I feel exactly the same.:mellow:

I can assure you Old 55 that my respect was for the 59 murdered in this appalling situation.  

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic