Right to bear arms.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, Jake said:

Personal ammo?  I believe that's enough for at least a company of grunts (3-6 platoons).  My question about having a fire suppression system or city code was rhetorical in nature (sarcasm).  I'm sure he would be arrested for having that amount due to the potential danger to the community of having his whole inventory "cook off" during a garage fire.  

Personal ammo.JPG

His only concern that he maintains the image of the neighborhood Rambo because he's got the latest and greatest shoot 'em, bang-bang toys and you don't want to piss him off.

I would still drop a dime on him if I was living next door.  

Where did this picture come from? A picture is worth a thousand words but is still out of context. We can assume he has 100,000 rounds for a or multiple weapons but we do not know from looking at the photo. It could just as easily be, and more logically be (because a prepper etc is unlikely to store that much ammo in such an unsecure location), a picture of his onhand stock of empty ammo cans that he sells on ebay.

If it is ammo, I agree that at a certain point (not sure what it would be) it should be required to at least notify the fire department so they are aware and can take precautions in case of a fire.

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AlwaysRt said:

I learned to shoot and handle a rifle responsibly at 6 years old, am a former US Marine, lifetime member of the NRA, Gun Owners of America, 50 Caliber Shooter's Association, US Practical Shooting Association, and the International Practical Shooting Confederation. I have owned, carried, and used many different firearms for different reasons, none of which were ever illegal. 

It is with that background/perspective that I say... I find this advertisement video stupid, consider the modification stupid, and have no idea why it was approved for sale - and totally dumbfounded that it was approved under the Obama administration.

It isn't covered by current gun laws. It does not meet the legal definition of an automatic weapon, which is illegal (unless grandfathered in from 30 years ago).

In the law, an automatic weapon shoots more than one bullet for each pull of the trigger.

Those have been banned since 1986, unless grandfathered in....old weapon.

So some smart person responded to market demand and invented a sliding stock that reciprocates...it's rapid fire, but still one bullet per trigger pull!

According to the law, this isn't an automatic weapon! It's currently legal.

I am sure that the ATF signed off on this before the mfg started selling it. The law does not cover it. It's legal right now.

If they passed new laws, people would figure out a different way.

Technology and the market is always one step ahead.

I mean, what's next...ban rubber bands?

Edited by Reboot

Reboot
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Where did this picture come from? A picture is worth a thousand words but is still out of context. We can assume he has 100,000 rounds for a or multiple weapons but we do not know from looking at the photo. It could just as easily be, and more logically be (because a prepper etc is unlikely to store that much ammo in such an unsecure location), a picture of his onhand stock of empty ammo cans that he sells on ebay.

If it is ammo, I agree that at a certain point (not sure what it would be) it should be required to at least notify the fire department so they are aware and can take precautions in case of a fire.

Don't know where the picture came from.

canadamale
Posted
Posted
On Tuesday, October 03, 2017 at 4:37 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

And here's me thinking its the bullets that kill people.  A gun with no bullets might knock you over the head though.

Still takes someone to swing the gun

• Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 10/3/2017 at 4:36 PM, canadamale said:

guns do not kill people, people with guns kill people

AHA!  I finally found a reliable source to refute that old adage.  It is not true.  Here is my source:

San Diego man killed after friend's gun drops on floor and accidentally fires

I have heard of many instances where a loaded gun goes off by accident and wounds someone but on rare occasions the gun itself actually kills someone.

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

There's a buying craze on those bumpfire stocks now. People think they will be banned. Worth their weight in gold.

WTB

Bumpfire stock.

Will pay up to $2000.

:hystery:

Just kidding they are still under $500 for now.

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=bumpfire&Sort=13

Edited by Reboot

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Reboot said:

If they passed new laws, people would figure out a different way.

Technology and the market is always one step ahead.

I mean, what's next...ban rubber bands?

Hard to get around banning a firearm that shoots more than X rounds a second, that way technology wouldn't matter. It would require people making laws for a specific reason instead of laws only to show "I did something, I care, vote for me and send money to my campaign".

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, AlwaysRt said:

Exactly!  You're always right.

• Haha 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Reboot said:

My grandfather was born in Cuba.

He started from next to nothing, sixth grade education, raised in a slum with 10 siblings, and that's it. 

He worked at a printing operation, repairing the machinery. They printed everything from magazines to cigar labels. It was a good job.

My grandmother could type like nobody's business. She won a national competition. It helped her get a job at the national bank as a secretary.

My father had everything when he was a boy. Lots of toys. They had a TV set before most American family's did. They had a good life. Grandma bought him everything and could afford to.

My grandfather also had a gun. It was just a revolver and for basic self protection. He was a person who obeyed the law. When the Cuban government required people to register their weapons, he followed the law and complied.

Then Castro took over. He lied when he said he was just fighting to restore the Cuban constitution. He hid the fact that he was a Commie until he had acquired enough power. Then the monster made himself known.

And, thanks to the previous regime's gun registration, Castro had a list of every armed citizen in the country.

Those filthy communists went around and disarmed the country off that list. They collected all those guns, including my grandfather's.

In the mid sixties, he had to surrender a lot more than his gun.

They made him turn over the keys to his house in Havana's suburbs, as well as the keys to the 57 Buick that belonged to my grandmother.

So now the family is in the United States and has been since well before I was born. Others weren't so lucky.

I'm not a long time American, since my family is only a relatively recent arrival to this country. But I am at heart. I strongly approve to our right to keep and bear arms, and not just revolvers, but much more than that.

Because never again folks. The people must be armed.

My sympathy to your family for their loss but maybe Castro in taking the weapons from the people has saved thousands of lives. This year in the USA there has been 33,599 gun related deaths and in Cuba there has been 58. Even taking into consideration the population differences If Cuba had a similar population it could work out at 1,621 deaths hypothetically.

Also as Castro proved having the population armed never stopped him from removing the weapons from them in the first place and I'm sure if the people decided to rise up against the Government in the USA no amount of firearms will hold off a Government with Appache helicopters, tanks, aircraft and a whole military at it's disposal.

• Like 2

canadamale
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

AHA!  I finally found a reliable source to refute that old adage.  It is not true.  Here is my source:

San Diego man killed after friend's gun drops on floor and accidentally fires

I have heard of many instances where a loaded gun goes off by accident and wounds someone but on rare occasions the gun itself actually kills someone.

Awww but the human element is still there, be it a clumsy clot or not

• Like 2

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic