Right to bear arms.

Lou49
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Reboot said:

By way of clarification, I'd like to know what people here refer to when they use the term "assault rifle."

An assault rifle is selective fire and can go semi auto which is one shot per trigger pull, or it can go full auto which will empty the magazine with one trigger pull. Some assault rifles will also do 3 shot bursts. Assault rifles have hi capacity mags. “Sporting rifles” are semi automatic, one shot per trigger pull.

Edited by Lou49
  • Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Old55 said:

Steve please don't challenge other forum members no one is required to convince you or anyone else in this regard. Please don't take this wrong but others may take offense to how you worded your post. I know for sure that's not how you intended it but I can see how others may not. This is a sensitive subject especially after what has taken place in Las Vegas.

For the record I don't own any firearms although I have a legal right to do so. If others wish to own a hand gun, rifle or shotgun that is their business not mine.

I do try to be careful how i write and as we are all grown men we should be able to talk about these sort of things, and being members of different countries and laws its hard to understand the laws that was made hundreds of years ago still being obeyed now.

But i understand what you are saying, it is getting to the stage where its not becoming a talk able subject anymore its becoming a angry, live and let live i say.

stevewool
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Reboot said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I didn't take offense because I don't think Steve wanted to give offense. We disagree, and he has a strong opinion, that is all.

Thankyou, i did not mean any offense to any one at all , from coming from a country where we dont carry guns not even the police unless you are a armed response its very hard to understand.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jake said:

My current home defense is a can of pepper spray, wooden baseball bat, a long heavy duty flashlight and in the future, a small Glock.  

Had to put my glasses on for the last word Jake, i thought it read cock:whistling:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Australia has the strictest gun laws in the world, still of a news morning someone has been shot or a house peppered with bullets, what's the answer? :huh:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Clermont said:

Australia has the strictest gun laws in the world, still of a news morning someone has been shot or a house peppered with bullets, what's the answer? :huh:

Yes but not 59 dead from it. 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

Had to put my glasses on for the last word Jake, i thought it read cock:whistling:

He already has a small one of those.  He is looking for a bigger and better weapon.  :SugarwareZ-005:

• Like 2

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, stevewool said:

Can I ask any of our members here.

If you own a gun have you ever had to use it , maybe not to fire it but to use it to protect yourself from being killed.

Yes Steve from wild pigs, tenacious foxes and rabid rabbits, the occasional Dingo but hey, I like dogs and people. Dingoes tend to run just with the wave of a hand or a shout, no guns involved.

Cheers, Steve.

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Reboot said:

I agree, and I recall that the new definition includes the shooter himself! In other words, if a murder shoots two victims, and is then shot dead by police, it falls under the new definition of a mass shooting. 

And many of these shootings on the list aren't like what happened in Vegas. They are the resulted of gang warfare in bad neighborhoods. This is where the majority of shootings takes place. Many of these places already have such restrictive gun laws it practically amounts to a ban....places like Chicago, where last year there were 762 murders, 3,550 shooting incidents, and 4,331 shooting victims. http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/01/us/chicago-murders-2016/index.html 

In other parts of the country, the shooting rates are far lower, despite far more liberal gun laws, and most people there owning firearms.

10 injured and no deaths? bad shooter, a massacre still, The intent was there, 1 killed and 9 injured no different, 59 (whatever) and hundreds injured? The intent is there and if shooting at thousands of innocent people with a plethora of assault rifles from an unknown vantage point I am surprised the casualties were not higher. Accountant or conspiracy theory. It happened yet again and smacks of inadequate education and archaic laws not only in the U.S. but many countries.

My/our thoughts are with those that passed and left tragedy and tragic circumstances for their loved ones and friends. Businesses could suffer because a soul taken who knew how the business ran or when simply to take out the garbage, lives are affected, Is it going to change? Nope, the gun lobby is strong in most countries. A weak government that bows to old law (second amendment) etc. Sounds a little like an Aussie government that put a vote to the people because they had no balls as an elected parliament to make a decision, put it to the people and then we have no personal responsibility for the outcome that follows. Send them to die in a war without asking, same sex marriage? What do the people think? Blame them with the outcome, LMFAO. Things need to change especially in these times and churning times they are. Only my opinion.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 1

bigpearl
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

What a crock!  Here are facts:

Take heed and learn.

Cheers, Steve.

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic