Naysayers...can't stand them.

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, stevewool said:

And what was your answer to this lady :whistling:

I told her that my buddy really wanted to visit the Phil's so I reluctantly agreed to go with him ;-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, hk blues said:

It would be interesting to know what the 'return rate' for people moving to other countries is. We seem to have established that figure as 50% within 5 years (IIRC) for here.

We all have a vested interest in proving the Naysayers wrong, it would be good to have some numbers to back that up.

I would not be surprised if a lot of the naysayers are people who would like to leave but feel they cannot.  This makes for a bad attitude, that leads to complaining, that leads to never making friends, and can end up in a sort of mental/emotional death spiral.  I think that complaining about life does not make life any better, it just drives away others with a positive outlook, and attract others who have the same complaints.

• Like 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

I would not be surprised if a lot of the naysayers are people who would like to leave but feel they cannot.  This makes for a bad attitude, that leads to complaining, that leads to never making friends, and can end up in a sort of mental/emotional death spiral.  I think that complaining about life does not make life any better, it just drives away others with a positive outlook, and attract others who have the same complaints.

I'd agree with most of that.

I put myself in the 'normal' category - when I'm feeling good with life in general, I see the blue sky and the warmth of the sun - when I'm not on top of the world, I feel the sweat and dann humidity!

Wether we like it or not, or agree with it or not, the Philippines is a place where those without any knowledge of it have an instinctive negative attitude towards. I know what I know, see what I see and feel what I feel and choose to remain - warts and all.

Realistically, if i had a better option I'd take it - who wouldn't? But I don't and that makes me happy enough to stay.

• Like 3