All you can eat buffet.

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 1/14/2019 at 5:12 AM, roddavis said:

This time had a chance to try out Vikings buffet at SM Cebu. I was really impressed with the variety of food on the buffet line. From lamb to steaks, whole shrimp, bolo bolo and sashimi with plenty of wasabi(if that doesn't clear your nose!) They had several different drinks even beer on tap! Many different desserts but no pie(apple,cherry,pumpkin) but plenty of other cakes and Filipino types. Mexican, and other international cuisine. I was impressed with the variety. Even had an assortment of cheeses with my salad there. I sure do miss the variety of cheese in PI, but was not disappointed at Viking. I will definitely go there again. The only caution is that you fill up so much then when you go outside the heat and humidity makes you fill bloated and not feeling well. I would suggest to walk it off in the mall before leaving. The price was P799 per person. A little pricey but I think it was worth it! I could almost do that for beer alone haha! I think the wife even got a discount card for next time!:56da64a571a25_7_4_171:

It was almost as good as the buffet in the States like  Hometown Buffet or Golden Corral! So was surprised I found something similar here..... Cheers!

Agree  with these comments, we went once but never again as was out of control. Wonderful food but I over indulged and felt also totally bloated to the point of not sleeping. Much as I love it but not the after effects....

• Like 1

roddavis
Posted
Posted

Birthday today. Went to Vikings and had roast beast and gravy. Loaded up with Cheese and beer ten a plate of Sushi. Not bad for a free lunch The beer was import German on tap!

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, roddavis said:

Birthday today. Went to Vikings and had roast beast and gravy. Loaded up with Cheese and beer ten a plate of Sushi. Not bad for a free lunch The beer was import German on tap!

Happy birthday Rod! Glad you enjoyed your lunch!

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I understand and believe you, AK. But then I have seen one rat running around at the closest SM store to me here, another at the S & R main store and also a few times in regular restaurants. I believe they are endemic here, sadly. And the cockroaches? I have not seen them, surprisingly. But I know they are there, lurking... 

I really do cook most of our meals at home. At least there are no rats in the apartment, nor cockroaches - just those damn sugar ants from time to time and I go after them with a vengeance because their bites really sting and itch and last a while...

Bought a loaf of Gardenia wheat bread the other day at an SM Savemore store with the rest of the groceries, a corner of the loaf was chewed open and part of the bread was chewed up. Now I examine everything I buy before it goes in the cart.:ohmy:

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

There's a bakery just outside of the SM grocery in the nearest mall to me here. One day I was there to buy some burger buns that they call brioche rolls (bigger burger buns). As I waited to check out I saw a small cockroach wandering around among the fresh buns and rolls and sweet things on the top shelf. The burger buns were in a sealed plastic pouch. Now, when I refer to that place to L I just say, yeah... the cockroach bakery... yuck!

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
On 10/9/2019 at 1:10 PM, Tommy T. said:

By the way... have any of you noticed that at these buffets, many locals will fill their plates with the rice or pasta and then just add rather small quantities of the expensive foods? I never figured that out...why?

My brother-in-law was just here with s-i-l and the young niece and nephew. He cooked for them. When he served the food, the kids' plates were literally 95% rice. I was shocked! He had just cooked a huge pan of pork adobo but I guess he felt embarrassed to eat the meat. I was about to urge him to give the kids more meat but my wife shushed me. Later, she told me, "That's how they have to eat at home." I'm glad she stopped me before I embarrassed him but I think for Christmas, like Scrooge, I'm going to send them a big, fat Christmas goose!

• Like 3

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, roddavis said:

Are you sure about that?  San Miguel is now brewing Heineken here under license.