Jungle house

Recommended Posts

  • Forum Support
Posted

Looks like you are having fun :tiphat:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted

No offense intended but the bang house looks like checkpoint charlie.Good luck with your building project.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
9 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

No offense intended but the bang house looks like checkpoint charlie.Good luck with your building project.

No offense taken  that's where I was told to mount the machine gun :hystery:

  • Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted

One kilometer for your electricity and water connection. Did you consider living off the grid with a combination of wind and solar panels and a deep well for water? Add a vegetable garden, banana and papaya trees, and you are all set.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
Just now, JJReyes said:

One kilometer for your electricity and water connection. Did you consider living off the grid with a combination of wind and solar panels and a deep well for water? Add a vegetable garden, banana and papaya trees, and you are all set.

Yes I have considered solar and a deep well , the gf who knows about deep wells said that the water would not be potable ,as for solar, I'll look at that when I get back over ,also as there's a creek running through I'm going to take hydro into consideration 

As for fruit trees ,the plot has 50 mango 35 coconut and 10 other fruit trees, chickens and pigs are planned

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Support
Posted

Keep posting pictures please? it’s always fun and informative to watch progression of building there.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

Keep posting pictures please? it’s always fun and informative to watch progression of building there.

Gf paid for a load of fencing and house building materials today,the house will be a concrete and bamboo construction , the guys doing the water have been fine so far , listening to direction and offering advice , the electrician has twice tried to over charge and requested early payment so he will not get any more work from us 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
7 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Yes I have considered solar and a deep well , the gf who knows about deep wells said that the water would not be potable ,as for solar, I'll look at that when I get back over ,also as there's a creek running through I'm going to take hydro into consideration 

There is a simple water filtration you can build for either well or creek water. Best material is two large drainage pipes one on top of the other sealed at joint and bottom. The layers of fill include large river rocks, small river rocks, charcoal and sand. The fill is changed every 3 years. There should be plans and instructions on the Internet that you can download. 

If uncertain, the drinking and cooking water can be boiled and cooled down before consumption.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...