Are You Rich?

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

She started treating the housekeeper like a slave, expecting her to work long hours and even making her coffee. This went on for about a week before I put a stop to it. Wasn't married to her very long. I was really taken aback by how someone who grew up poor, and then came into some money could treat her that way

Yes how quickly they forget their roots. There is a Woman here who spent many years in Germany and she is always saying I got this blouse in Hawaii etc. She has an air of superiority about her which she should not have as her German husband is 70 years old and he is still working.

I wonder if any of the super-rich people have ever eaten Baked beans on toast or maybe poached eggs or cheese oh well their loss.

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

We were shopping at Citi hardware yesterday and there was this stuck up lady at the checkout, she had the designer handbag, dressed to the nines and giving the staff some grief. I get on really well with the staff there and mentioned to one of the girls about here attitude and she told me that she is always like that.

Anyway as we left the store this stuck up lady was looking for a tricycle to get a ride, my GF pointed at our Mazda and asked her if she would like a lift somewhere, it was a very hot day so there wasn't any tricycles around, no way Jose, she was going to wait rather than get into a cool car with the likes of us.

• Haha 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

We were shopping at Citi hardware yesterday and there was this stuck up lady at the checkout, she had the designer handbag, dressed to the nines and giving the staff some grief. I get on really well with the staff there and mentioned to one of the girls about here attitude and she told me that she is always like that.

Anyway as we left the store this stuck up lady was looking for a tricycle to get a ride, my GF pointed at our Mazda and asked her if she would like a lift somewhere, it was a very hot day so there wasn't any tricycles around, no way Jose, she was going to wait rather than get into a cool car with the likes of us.

There is a joke going around at the moment which is very apt for this kind of situation whereas when you get a snotty customer near you ask them where something is and when they say they don`t know you say Oh sorry I thought you worked here, that would take the wind out of there sails.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Is that one free to use?

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

It is usually the nouveau rich who are the pretenders of being super rich.  They wear brand name clothes, carry expensive bags and have gaudy jewelry.  The really ultra wealthy are careful about showing off for many reasons including fear of kidnapping.  You already made it, so why is there a need to show off?  I admire people like Warren Buffet whose fortune is in the tens of billions.  He buys breakfast at McDonald costing him no more than $4.00 a day and drinks cherry coke (Berkshire Hathaway owns a large chunk of Coca Cola stocks) .  Buffet lives in the same house purchased more than 50 years ago and drives a large, comfortable car.  I believe it is a Cadillac, not a Rolls Royce.

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

It is usually the nouveau rich who are the pretenders of being super rich.  They were brand name clothes, carry expensive bags and have gaudy jewelry. 

Ah now that is so much the Case JJ here in the PI, what a Pity they can't be like Warren :89:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, JJReyes said:

It is usually the nouveau rich who are the pretenders of being super rich.  They wear brand name clothes, carry expensive bags and have gaudy jewelry.  

That applies to pretty much everywhere rather than just here though

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

No offense but I wouldn't want to ride in a Mazda either..:hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, JJReyes said:

It is usually the nouveau rich who are the pretenders of being super rich.  They wear brand name clothes, carry expensive bags and have gaudy jewelry.  The really ultra wealthy are careful about showing off for many reasons including fear of kidnapping.  You already made it, so why is there a need to show off?  I admire people like Stephen Woolley  whose fortune is in the tens of hundreds.  He does not buy breakfast at McDonald costing him  £4.00 a day , he makes his own and drinks water and tea.  Woolley lives in the same house purchased more than 12 years  ago and drives a large Toyota he brought 20 years ago.

Yep that’s me , also known as kuripot Steve 

• Haha 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

No offense but I wouldn't want to ride in a Mazda either..:hystery:

Mate, I fully agree with you, they were a good product until they teamed up with Ford, my favourite Mazda was an RX-4  the rotary engine model, it was bloody thirsty but  for its time it had all the bells and whistles.

• Like 1