Moving to the Philippines? Do you think that's safe?

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

This is the most dangerous thing I've come across in the Philippines  ,I tried uploading the pictures  but basically it's the shredded skin of a cobra ,its about 5ft long ,its apparently a juvenile 

Wheres its parents lol

boyee
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, earthdome said:

A question to ask, if you can get the answer, is how many and what prescription meds he was or had been taking. Some of the meds they prescribe to children now can contribute to violent behaviour. Many of the HS students and young adults involved in killings were on or had been on some sort of mind adjusting prescription med.

As I recall he was on prescription meds for psych issues.   Clearly he was not in the head.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

A single man who wishes to remain single would find moving to Philippines highly unsafe.

How I see it is that in most cases behavior and choices affects ones safety no mater the location. I think Philippines is a reasonably safe place to visit or live. THe fact there are very little or no effective police or EMT or fire services is a real issue. As are critical care. Travel by local roads is significantly more dangerous in Philippines than Western Countries. Petty theft is common. Typically crime statistics are not well known or honestly reported. Bodily harm or murder is not common from what I hear and read. 

Off topic;

I respectfully disagree to do generally with safety/violence in the US. Many young African American men are at high risk as are folks who  involve themself in drugs or other poor choices. It's true we read too often of mental people who will murder others for no real reason. Civil commitment laws were removed in the 60's. Often this violence could have been avoided but due to our laws those people can not be held or managed until they act out. We enjoy real freedom in the US. With that freedom comes personal responsibility. That is very much lacking today IMO. There are no easy answers for the above.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

I think Philippines is a reasonably safe place to visit or live. THe fact there are very little or no effective police or EMT or fire services is a real issue. As are critical care. Travel by local roads is significantly more dangerous in Philippines than Western Countries. Petty theft is common. Typically crime statistics are not well known or honestly reported. Bodily harm or murder is not common from what I hear and read. 

Doesn't the rest of the paragraph contradict the 1st sentence?  I suppose if we are defining safety in terms of crime or even serious crime then I get your point.  

I don't feel at all unsafe here, but I recognise that if I ever come across trouble I may not be able to depend on the relevant people as much as I would in the UK, for example.  

hk blues
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

I know you guys will think I'm crazy but  our back door is never closed at night. The screen door is not even locked.

I just wonder why tempt fate?

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, hk blues said:

I just wonder why tempt fate?

I agree. After talking it over with my gf. today we decided to put a new doorknob on the back door and start locking it at night. I don't know why we started to leave it open. Just one of those things we never thought about that much.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

today we decided to put a new doorknob on the back door and start locking it at night.

you know it makes sense 1.jpg :thumbsup:

graham59
Posted
Posted

Gotta love neighbours with dogs that 'bark at the slightest thing'.

Where's my shotgun ? :whistling:

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: NAH! not crazy for having Ideals BUT Crazy to admit and announce things on an Open Forum:whistling:

So you think burglars can find my house from what I post here? If so I better run for the hills! Oh wait. No hills around where I live.:no:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

No hills around where I live.:no:

Thanks for narrowing it down a bit! :smile:

• Like 1