Moving to the Philippines? Do you think that's safe?

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
On 11/2/2018 at 3:15 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

I tried that but was told I'm an a**h*le. :biggrin:

Among many that is a term of endearment 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
John Chamberlain
Posted
Posted

Hi boyee,  The security aspect I think depends on a number of things, Location can be very important, we live out in the country which is not totally risk free but if you behave your self its low risk and a great Philippine family who are well know in the area is also a massive help. We also always travel as a group of 4-6 people minimum,partly due to the total lack of road side help if you break down, we always have a family member who is a driver as well as being a good mechanic. There is no doubt that having a white face you are automatically classed as rich ( even a millionaire ), I wish hahaha but that's their belief of westerners, even within our family. I notice people say having a 4x4 can be a bit of a risk ( you are the millionaire) well travelling in a group with a Philippino drive helps to combat this, I think its a matter of just taking a few sensible precautions & you are safer than where we are in the UK!! I have been going there for a holiday to see family for some years & I never worry about my security, we just make sure we are user friendly & alert, as they say prevention is better than a cure. We all live in different areas & you have to cut your cloth accordingly & having a great family makes the job so much better. 

• Like 1