The Car Service!

Recommended Posts

Posted

:unsure: We have covered things like this before but today, I struck a blow for rationalization. SUZUKI  wanted to do a 25.000 Km Service on a car with only 2.400+ Km's on the Clock So as we talked the Service manager. He said but Sir, the Warranty say at 20 months it has to be a 25, 000 Km Service Nope say I, you did all that at 1,800 (Brakes and things) So we agreed to have a 10.000 service and halve the Cost but maintain the Warranty schedule. (Which included Spark Plugs OIl and the usual Serviced Job (Without changing Brake Pads that were only 600 km from the last Service) halving the cost was OK BUT it still turned out to be 4.000 peso :89: 2000 peso for Brake pads? If I had had them done. Only 2.400 km's on the Clock and it is starting to cost :unsure:

 As it is a Big Brownout here Tomorrow, (Sunday) [ Dumaguete] we will take a ride to put a few km's on the clock to justify the cost of Brake Pads in March ( Next Service)

 

 Jack:biggrin:

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted

Had mine done the other day and it was 6435peso which I am happy with.

InkedSuzuki repeirs nov 18_0001_LI.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
10 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Had mine done the other day and it was 6435peso which I am happy with.

InkedSuzuki repeirs nov 18_0001_LI.jpg

Forgive me Kev.....but that's a lot of bulb replacement, ( i struggle to see in the dark these day's ):unsure:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
28 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

That is why I no longer used the dealer for services and no longer care about the warranty.

what can I sayWho knows (dave (1).jpg each to our own EH?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I'm a '.Pistonhead'. :smile:

Taught myself to take care of my motors, over the years... full rebuild if necessary.

Main dealers, in fact a lot garages,  tend to break as much as they fix, in my experience.  :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Lotus and TVR cars have been my passion, but I'm also a fan of drag racing and American muscle cars.  :wosautos121:

 Some of my cars....

 

 

550533_4145788803476_2146460962_n.jpgHi Res 390pic.JPGMy red 390se (2).jpg

Me drag racing...jpgDSCN0063.jpgMy TVRs and Rich at the farm 004.jpg

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 11/10/2018 at 4:49 PM, Jack Peterson said:

:unsure: We have covered things like this before but today, I struck a blow for rationalization. SUZUKI  wanted to do a 25.000 Km Service on a car with only 2.400+ Km's on the Clock So as we talked the Service manager. He said but Sir, the Warranty say at 20 months it has to be a 25, 000 Km Service Nope say I, you did all that at 1,800 (Brakes and things) So we agreed to have a 10.000 service and halve the Cost but maintain the Warranty schedule. (Which included Spark Plugs OIl and the usual Serviced Job (Without changing Brake Pads that were only 600 km from the last Service) halving the cost was OK BUT it still turned out to be 4.000 peso :89: 2000 peso for Brake pads? If I had had them done. Only 2.400 km's on the Clock and it is starting to cost :unsure:

 As it is a Big Brownout here Tomorrow, (Sunday) [ Dumaguete] we will take a ride to put a few km's on the clock to justify the cost of Brake Pads in March ( Next Service)

 

 Jack:biggrin:

 

As someone with 35 years experience in the automotive industry, plus I used to run a Suzuki Dealer in London,  let me give you my 5 cents worth.

Servicing schedules are on time or mileage, whichever comes first, by doing only a 10Kkm service my lead to implications in any future warranty claims, hopefully not, in general the tolerance is 1 month / 1Kkm. In my experience low mileage cars can cause more issues than those used regularly, regardless of the mileage fluids need changing. This applies anywhere in the world, although the rules cannot be as heavily stipulated as they are here. 

If you do have any issues then PM me as I know the head of aftersales for Suzuki or any other car issues. 

Edited by LUFCinMakati
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
23 minutes ago, LUFCinMakati said:

let me give you my 5 cents worth.

Please, all opinions must be quoted in peso :hystery:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted
58 minutes ago, LUFCinMakati said:

Servicing schedules are on time or mileage,

Here in PH, yes.  In the U.S., no.  Miles only.  How about in UK?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Here in PH, yes.  In the U.S., no.  Miles only.  How about in UK?

Been gone too long, but used to be miles and time, whichever came first.

Will check and respond accurately.  

Edit: Have checked with someone at the Institute of the Motor Industry, of which I’m a fellow (FIMI) and he confirms in the UK it’s time or mileage. 

Edited by LUFCinMakati
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...