No deposit in my account.

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

Did not receive my Social Security into my bank this month. Did not get the 'dead or alive" letter from them either. (thanks Philpost) Now I'm going to have to call the US Embassy on Tues. To let them know I'm still breathing. Anyone else dealt with this?:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

bank this month

because of the shut down maybe?

• Like 1

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted

That will worry your shorts off if your money doesn't arrive on time.  They (the SSA)  swears payments are not affected by the shutdown.....and since the process is entirely automated, I tend to think it might be an issue with an administrative mess up like you think, or maybe a bank issue (which has happen to me once).  Good luck my friend and I hope you see your cash asap.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

Did not receive my Social Security into my bank this month. Did not get the 'dead or alive" letter from them either. (thanks Philpost) Now I'm going to have to call the US Embassy on Tues. To let them know I'm still breathing. Anyone else dealt with this?:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

How often do they send the "dead or alive" letters?  I just started ss in November.

Mine is not due until the 2nd but so far always shows as pending on the 1st.

RubberChicken
Posted
Posted

Not really off topic I hope... a mail forwarding address works great provides a U.S address and is not fraud if not claiming you live there. Saves a lot of trouble. Just a thought.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RubberChicken said:

Not really off topic I hope... a mail forwarding address works great provides a U.S address and is not fraud if not claiming you live there. Saves a lot of trouble. Just a thought.

In theory that sounds like the way to go but a lot of us applied for SS at the Manila Embassy because we live here.  I'm not sure if they would allow that.  Possibly someone here has done it?

I'm already paranoid about not getting the "proof of life" letter due to the terrible mail.  I'm also wondering if my two minor kids will get one???

• Like 1

RubberChicken
Posted
Posted (edited)

delete

Edited by RubberChicken

Jake
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, RubberChicken said:

delete

Hmm.....I think Rubber Chicken deleted all your account guys!  

• Haha 2

Ram1957
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

If you didn't fill out a form 7162 and return it your benefits will be stopped 1n February. The mail system sucks so don't count on it. Best thing to do is download the form 7162 and fill it out and send it in. Saves alot of unnecessarily problems. I send one in every September if I haven't received one from the SSA. The Embassy will want the  form 7162 so be prepared to email them a copy. I also keep a copy for situations like this so all I have to do if I don't receive my payment is to send them an email with the copy of the 7162 I had sent earlier.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

There is some good information in this article but make sure to read all the comments down to the most recent.  Things have changed.  I don't think you can fax.  I think you can Fedex the form if you get the right address.

http://www.panamabeachlots.com/2011/11/05/how-to-file-form-ssa-7162-if-you-are-of-recordliving-outside-usa-collecting-social-security-benefits/

• Like 1