No deposit in my account.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Arizona Kid said:

I could be wrong, I've been wrong a few times, but I think they are following the example of the US and other developed countries to keep the denomination low so counterfeiters and drug dealers have a harder time dealing with the amount of money to move.:biggrin: 

Yeah... you could be right. I have no clue. I just hate carrying that bulk of cash around. P5,000s would be nice - just like US$100s? Oh well... add that to my list of a few changes I would like to see here in my limited lifetime...

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, hk blues said:

my wife spends all denominations equally well! 

L is a true magician... She can make money disappear and she can also make 1,000 notes turn into 100 notes...

• Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

L is a true magician... She can make money disappear and she can also make 1,000 notes turn into 100 notes...

And no change?:ohmy::smile:

• I'm Confused 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
Just now, Arizona Kid said:

And no change?:ohmy::smile:

Maybe there is... I just never see it...

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

We can be walking together in one of the malls chatting... I remark to her, she replies. She remarks to me and I reply. Then I say something to her with no reply...??? I look around and she has vanished, quick as light, into a store that is maybe 50 meters away! How does she do that? And, if I am too slow catching up, P2,000 or more can be gone just as fast!

• Hmm thinking 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I just wish they had bigger notes... No, not larger in size (just being specific), but larger denominations. I do not like walking around with my wallet or pocket bulging with these P1,000 notes when I need to pay for anything a bit expensive...

I had P 1 million in cash when I went to buy a new car. It was quite a pile. I had the helper carry it in a backpack.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, robert k said:

I had P 1 million in cash when I went to buy a new car. It was quite a pile. I had the helper carry it in a backpack.

We had the same when we went to buy the family Avanza, the money was cubed, wrapped in paper and put in a backpack.

The sight of that much cash in one spot at the dealer created a bit of a stir (I generally prefer to keep a low profile), from what I saw basically every one signing for a new car was financing it.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

I could be wrong, I've been wrong a few times, but I think they are following the example of the US and other developed countries to keep the denomination low so counterfeiters and drug dealers have a harder time dealing with the amount of money to move.:biggrin: 

That could be part of the reason, but I think it's more likely to be down to the simple fact that people didn't have that much money/salary in the past so the demand for big notes was minimal and things have just not changed 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, GeoffH said:

We had the same when we went to buy the family Avanza, the money was cubed, wrapped in paper and put in a backpack.

I agree with trying to keep as low a profile as possible. Nowadays, even though it costs me a fee, I have my bank cut me a "counter" check or whatever it's called here, made out to the payee... So much lower key and safer too, I think?

• Like 1