Premium Economy

russellmania
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Old55 said:

Thanks for that. If it were just me and the wife great value but traveling with our 13 & 17 year old boys so can't do it.

When I was in Laurel Class I was putting my carry on in the upper storage and right behind me in the next four cubicles was a family of four. Mom and Pop and two preteens. I started adding up the fares in my head for a family of four in the Laurel Class and I gulped and sat my poor behind down LOL!!

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
On 3/31/2019 at 12:31 AM, Reboot said:

I'm in the same boat!

I thought it was for a plane :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 3

• 1 month later...
KurtVD
Posted
Posted

There’s an alternative to Premium Economy, depending on your needs and wants it’s better AND cheaper than PE: For example KLM (Dutch airline) sells their seats at the front of each economy section for a reasonable fee (about 70-80$ for Phils to Europe flight), and these seats are really quite good: there’s no extra padding, reclining or lumbar support, but you get quasi ‘unlimited’ legroom, nobody’s sitting in front of you and you can sit at the window yet still get up whenever you want, without asking your seat neighbors to let you out.

One big minus though: They usually give the seats in the middle to families with children, so getting sleep isn’t always easy (most modern parents think that their noisy kids are ‘cute’, even if they wake up the rest of the plane around them...)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Thanks Kurt.

You are correct. This is the most cost effective way we have found so far.

Because there will be four full price seats during Christmas high season I’ve chosen to stay with economy seats 💺. I’ve asked my wife not to tell me the cost. Its gonna be around $6k I think.

KurtVD
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

Thanks Kurt.

You are correct. This is the most cost effective way we have found so far.

Because there will be four full price seats during Christmas high season I’ve chosen to stay with economy seats 💺. I’ve asked my wife not to tell me the cost. Its gonna be around $6k I think.

Not every airline sells these seats though, some give them for free to people with very young children, people with disabilities and then on a first-come, first-serve basis. Check if you can reserve your seat right when you buy your ticket, you might get lucky. 

• Like 1