Bringing my compound bow to Philippines

Jimbouk
Posted
Posted

I am a keen Archer and I would love to take my compound bow with me to the Philippines when I retire. I don't intend to hunt with the bow, just use it for targets.

Does anyone know the law regarding owning and bringing a  bow in via a balikbayan box to the Philippines?

Thanks,

Jimbo (UK)

• Like 2

Viking
Posted
Posted

I am not sure but I think you need a permit to do that.

As I recall, one of the forum members daughter is an Archer, maybe he can give you more info about this topic.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Viking said:

As I recall, one of the forum members daughter is an Archer, maybe he can give you more info about this topic.

:thumbsup: Tis me but please let me explain tomorrow as I am just off out :wink:

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Something to read whilst Jake comes back with his answer. Something to bare in mind is that foriegner have far more limitations than citizens.

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/645048/harsher-penalties-for-illegal-possession-of-deadly-weapons-in-public

• Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Gary D said:

Something to read whilst Jake comes back with his answer. Something to bare in mind is that foriegner have far more limitations than citizens.

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/645048/harsher-penalties-for-illegal-possession-of-deadly-weapons-in-public

This basically covers things in General cheers gary

14 hours ago, Jimbouk said:

I am a keen Archer and I would love to take my compound bow with me to the Philippines when I retire. I don't intend to hunt with the bow, just use it for targets.

Does anyone know the law regarding owning and bringing a  bow in via a balikbayan box to the Philippines?

Thanks,

Jimbo (UK)

Owning a Bow whether a compound or Longbow is not the actual problem, it is the movement of. I had a great deal of problems when my Sprog was competing ( she has since going to University in Cebu not found her niche so she is resting:smile:) You need a Permit to carry and to get that you have to be a member of a Bonafide Archery club ( usually attached to universities & such) Then you need certificates to the secure the safety of the requirement. Locked Box for Compound and Locke case for longbow + quivers.

Certificates will only be issued when the permit is shown and is verified.

On top of all this I had to get a permit to carry the Equipment in the car. As a Foreigner, could not get this So our nephew took the reins and had it in his name, Alas he had to be with us each time ( just in case) So a Sport like Bow and Arrow target shoot became highly Regulated  :56da632e94212_1(60):

Now my friend the Transportation of your compound Bow, if i doubt Don't is my Motto. With the latest rule on BB boxes being a full list of Contents I am sure that would not be accepted by the Shipper if Listed. Should you not list it & the box was Inspected & and we know some are you will likely get your collar felt( arrested) for attempting to smuggle in to the PI a Deadly Weapon ( that's Jail time) @Jimbouk Unless you have a fair size garden of at least 100 meters long for your target practice I think  your Compound Bow will end up as a moose head on the Wall :unsure: Having said this If you can get a Full membership to and Archery club and get all the necessary permits and certs all well and Good but for me please be careful of trying to circumvent the now regulated ownership and carrying of deadly weapons other than the Gun.

Take care my Friend & Oh! I nearly forgot  Welcome.jpg

Jack:smile:

Morning All ARCHER.jpg:thumbsup: Morning Humour Sorry

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:facepalm_80_anim_gif: Now on a Lighter Note folks & @Jimbouk Seems some like Archery but forget to get the equipment out of the car first :hystery:

car archery.jpg Sorry my friend but you will get used to our Forum Humour in time no offence meant but......:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Could you not dismantle it, take the string off? then it's not a bow just a piece of wood or whatever they are made from! 

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

What's point of a piece of string and wood if it's illegal to reassemble it.

jimeve
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Who said it's illegal to assemble it, according to Jack it's the movement that you need a permit. What would happen if I made one out from my back garden, would that be illegal?  

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gary D said:

Who said it's wood? 

It's a compound bow, not a recurve or long bow, the vast majority of compound bows have fibreglass limbs and alloy risers (some expensive ones are carbon fibre).

I prefer the look of a well made recurve bow in laminated wood but there's no arguing that compound bows are vastly more effective (and easier to shoot).

• Like 3