the Manicure and Pedicure

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Strange as it may seem to any man I think, I actually like to have them done. Since I have gained the Midriff as many of us Do/have I find it difficult to cut and clean my own Feet and as a right handed person find it difficult to say the least to maneuver cutters with my left So I am a user of the pedicurist and manicurist,  my wife unfortunately does not have the patience to see to me but Hey Ho I will gladly pay to have it done properly. I am not one to wait for ages in a Parlour waiting only to have them rush the Job with so many customers SO, after some time we now have found a good one that does Home Visits and that pleases me. Problem is like other things here, they give up when they feel that they have earned enough to pay of the Loan the started the little work round. We have had 3/4 over the years but this  one ( was recommended by my wifes colleagues) has just Finished me and is as I write doing my Wifes hands and feet. then the others ( daughter and maid) so a good pay day Holiday, I dare say we will have her for the usual 3/4 months and then have to Start looking for another.

Odd to me that they ( the Local) give up so easily when from my situation she can spend all day in only 2 Locations,  Us here in Junob with 4 people to tend and then off to Batiguel ( The Big House [Lolas]) to service 5 more, maybe even more than that if the House next door has Budget

Anyway we have a Home visit M&P once again so Happy Chappy here. :smile:

What about any other of you guys?

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

Got tired of messing with home visit BS you describe. Been availing of Levy Hair Salon II, next to the Gyro shop on the corner, a block away from Lee Plaza (past BPI on the other side of the road/left corner before crossing the intersection on the way from Lee Plaza to Chin Loong).

A more expensive and more 'spa like' (so I have been told) place is Paint & Polish Nail House, directly across the street from Levy. 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Been availing of Levy Hair Salon II,

Will try that next time we get let Down :thumbsup:

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I have a 'regular' mani-pedi shop in the mall in Cagayan De Oro and one in Ozamiz for when I visit (I actually prefer the Ozamiz one).

I have the same sorts of issues trying to do it myself, spreading waist line, less flexibility and arthritis in my hands makes it difficult.

SWMBO is happy to do it but honestly I prefer the 'experience' at the mall, it's part of a day out, get a mani-pedi, go and have some nice cooked food, go and see a movie and then go home. 

If you'd told me 20 years ago that I'd enjoy going for a manicure and pedicure I'd have laughed at you :)

• Like 5

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

It used to be quite common for men to get manicures. Not sure when it feel out of favor. Some odd "macho" BS I would imagine.

I had a couple regular shops, but with the employee turnover... I could never keep up with the good workers.  Now I just go pretty much anywhere to get it done.  I like to get a haircut/mani/pedi/foot spa every 6 weeks.  

My wife has never had professional mani/pedi as she is scared it would hurt. She will not do mine because she is afraid of hurting me.  All my Asian girlfriends in the US loved to give manicures. 

• Like 1

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted

When you do the foot spa do they use the foot file?  The 'therapist' took off so much of my skin it took my feet 2 months to recover!  My heel even got infected because they filed through the skin in a couple of spots.  

Overall it was a good experience but that foot file has me nervous.....:sad:

• Hmm thinking 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Hobbit112 said:

When you do the foot spa do they use the foot file?  The 'therapist' took off so much of my skin it took my feet 2 months to recover!  My heel even got infected because they filed through the skin in a couple of spots.  

Overall it was a good experience but that foot file has me nervous.....:sad:

Yes, it is some of the best part.  But I have always taken good care of my hands & feet.  I did HVAC work for over 25 years and never got a callous on my hands.   My feet are almost as soft as my hands. They file my feet, but there is little there to remove.  As a cook I learned to take good care of my hands, and later, in the Navy I would lotion my feet daily.   I kept it up my whole adult life. 

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

My toenails are so long and crusty that when I choose to clip them off with the sawzall, I let my dogs chew on them. It's a treat for them when I do it.:hystery: 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Yes, it is some of the best part.  But I have always taken good care of my hands & feet.  I did HVAC work for over 25 years and never got a callous on my hands.   My feet are almost as soft as my hands. They file my feet, but there is little there to remove.  As a cook I learned to take good care of my hands, and later, in the Navy I would lotion my feet daily.   I kept it up my whole adult life. 

OK Stewburner. Anchor clanker here. Loved your chow. :smile:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

My toenails are so long and crusty that when I choose to clip them off with the sawzall, I let my dogs chew on them. It's a treat for them when I do it.:hystery: 

6 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

OK Stewburner. Anchor clanker here. Loved your chow. :smile:

Bored are you.jpg ? I take it you are :whistling: