Fiesta Time

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 5/1/2019 at 5:14 AM, Onemore52 said:

Yes, I am now 67 years of age and worked shift work all my life, so I would just appreciate waking up on my terms, especially after I wake up at 3 a.m. and then try and go back to sleep for a few hours.

I should have tried to live on an Island somewhere away from people, because even in my efforts to live out of town away from everyone they still caught up with me, I now don't have any hesitation of going to the customer counter at the local SM store and asking them to turn the music down, so loud that you can't think. There is a local restaurant we  frequent a lot and soon as we walk in the door they turn the music down, I just cannot see the point of going out to lunch or dinner and you can't have a conversation because of the noise levels.

Is the Philippines the noisiest place in the world?

China has here beat as there it does not stop.

My sympathy as its so annoying, often city living is quieter than in the province. We have a place in a sub division, no kareoke, discos  or roosters but the dogs sure make up for it. Not sure what's worse mechanical noise or yapping dogs.....Some how the locals are just not bothered.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, RBM said:

.Some how the locals are just not bothered.

Bruce in the main I will agree But they  are not bothered when it is their Party around here they moan plenty if it is not their Party and they were not invited. I stated on another Topic that they can moan for their  Country at times and this issue is one of them, They Actually do not like Noise except when they are making it. My Wife is a fairly Avid Church goer but geez did she moan the other night when the Local chapel had a Choir and Sound Practice ready for our Barangay Fiesta on Friday. from 7.30 pm to 2am :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

RBM
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

They Actually do not like Noise  :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Here Jack I must take issue, I M O they love noise or have an inability to complain. Walk into any local resto, mall even at times our bank has screaming TV on.

Locals don't like Noise,  come on Jack your not in the UK now.

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 4/28/2019 at 9:44 AM, JJReyes said:

When are you guys going to stop crapping about life in the Philippines and start enjoying its unique cultural offerings including the annual fiesta?  If you really dislike the fiesta, just ask the dates and take a holiday away from the local festivities. 

When are the Filipinos going to join the rest of the modern world and realize that their antiquated celebrations disrupt the daily life of thousands of people waiting in long lines, who have no idea what they are celebrating about. If they want to celebrate..fine. Do it in the local basketball court. Why make everybody else suffer?:facepalm_80_anim_gif: 

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

When are the Filipinos going to join the rest of the modern world and realize that their antiquated celebrations disrupt the daily life of thousands of people waiting in long lines, who have no idea what they are celebrating about. If they want to celebrate..fine. Do it in the local basketball court. Why make everybody else suffer?:facepalm_80_anim_gif: 

Because as they will always say...its the way it is.............

In other words take it or leave it, for me not so much complaining just find it interesting this discussion if the locals are really bothered by noise like us or if perhaps being born into it...... like rice.Must have it..

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
On 5/2/2019 at 1:01 PM, RBM said:

Locals don't like Noise,  come on Jack your not in the UK now.

what can I sayWho knows (dave (1).jpg Must just be my neighbours then, Shops well :89: I stay away from noisy ones :huh: