Rentals SBMA

Heeb
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Billoncho said:

Nice to see someone else from Spokane will be moving to the PI. Never stationed at Subic, but lost count of liberty calls there after about 25. We'll be moving to Tuguegarao City in a little over a year.

Hopefully we'll be out of here before the cold weather starts, it's a great place to be in the summer, although the smoke from brush fires has been intolerable the last few years, I finally cancelled my Indians season tickets this year because of it.

• Like 3

Billoncho
Posted
Posted

We lived up off highway 2, had to run home from SCC in the 90's when they had the fire storm. Been working in Taiwan for quite awhile and the pollution from China is horrible. My sister was complaining about the pollution being 20 PPM, so I sent her a screen shot of ours at 158 PPM. Can't wait for the fresh air of the PI.

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 5/5/2019 at 12:17 AM, Heeb said:

Any members here that live in Subic have any idea on the cost and availability of renting a house there long term, like 1 or 2 years? There's a few sites that list mostly short term daily rates, I'm not interested in purchasing a 50 year lease at this time. We are moving to the P.I the this fall and will spend a few months looking around, Subic is on our shortlist because I was stationed there and we are familiar with the area, I know it's changed a lot but that's okay.

Just curious.. Where were you stationed on the base. I was never stationed there but had great times when the ships I was on visited. Go kart tracks, bowling alleys, theaters. And of course the Spanish Gate! :smile:

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Billoncho said:

We lived up off highway 2, had to run home from SCC in the 90's when they had the fire storm. Been working in Taiwan for quite awhile and the pollution from China is horrible. My sister was complaining about the pollution being 20 PPM, so I sent her a screen shot of ours at 158 PPM. Can't wait for the fresh air of the PI.

Fresh air in the Phills? Maybe you don't live near Manila! :facepalm_80_anim_gif:

• Like 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Just curious.. Where were you stationed on the base. I was never stationed there but had great times when the ships I was on visited. Go kart tracks, bowling alleys, theaters. And of course the Spanish Gate! :smile:

Cubi Point, VRC-50 Foo Dogs 1983-86, 1990-92, great duty, played softball, basketball, pool team, drank too much every night, went into deep cover when the fleet pulled in.

• Like 1
  • Love it 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Heeb said:

Cubi Point, VRC-50 Foo Dogs 1983-86, 1990-92, great duty, played softball, basketball, pool team, drank too much every night, went into deep cover when the fleet pulled in.

When was the last time you were here?  Took family to Dungaree Beach (now called All Hands) today.  It costs p650 a head now!

Then on the way home I drove them by Bat Kingdom.  At least looking at bats is still free.

• Like 2

Heeb
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

When was the last time you were here?  Took family to Dungaree Beach (now called All Hands) today.  It costs p650 a head now!

Then on the way home I drove them by Bat Kingdom.  At least looking at bats is still free.

I don't remember, maybe 2008, there used to be a Dungaree Beach which was near our hanger, very small but a nice reef off shore, we used to night spear fish there after work. All Hands Beach was across the runway and was larger with cabanas, great place for squadron picnics.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Heeb said:

I don't remember, maybe 2008, there used to be a Dungaree Beach which was near our hanger, very small but a nice reef off shore, we used to night spear fish there after work. All Hands Beach was across the runway and was larger with cabanas, great place for squadron picnics.

I had just read somewhere in the last day or two that All Hands used to be Dungaree, and that is wrong.  I think it was on the All Hands web site.  Google maps is my friend!

All Hands is at the top of this picture.  Dungaree is now occupied by ACEA resort, at the bottom left.  I went to Dungaree before the resort came, and it was still quite primitive but nice, in around 2013.

A month ago, that big tarmac area in the airport, directly right of ACEA, was filled with U.S. military vehicles during the PH-US joint exercises.  Your hanger, if it still exists, must be over in that area.

Screenshot (461).png

• Like 2

Heeb
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I had just read somewhere in the last day or two that All Hands used to be Dungaree, and that is wrong.  I think it was on the All Hands web site.  Google maps is my friend!

All Hands is at the top of this picture.  Dungaree is now occupied by ACEA resort, at the bottom left.  I went to Dungaree before the resort came, and it was still quite primitive but nice, in around 2013.

A month ago, that big tarmac area in the airport, directly right of ACEA, was filled with U.S. military vehicles during the PH-US joint exercises.  Your hanger, if it still exists, must be over in that area.

Screenshot (461).png

Yes all true, looks like the hanger is still there based on that satellite photo, it was the last one on the left...memories, still feels like yesterday but many changes. The monkeys used to come down from the jungle and sift through our trash, if you left your car window open they would ransack it as well.

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

Don't forget Grande Island!!!:wave:

• Like 1