Well I Hope the president reads this, might make him think about things.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:6: Folks I have not put this here to encourage a Political Debate but in the Hope that the story gets to Mr President on how we feel about the Filipino and  How shoddy! the Government here treat and think about the Foreigner when the rest of the world ( UK in this issue) respects people and where the good of a community is concerned. Lets live in the real world, maybe we could make the difference if the Boot was on the other Foot and we were allowed to vote and hold Office :wink:

******LONDON - After being reelected as councilor for the third time in East Grinstead, West Sussex in the UK, a Filipino nurse is the new town mayor of East Grinstead. ********

https://news.abs-cbn.com/overseas/05/16/19/british-filipino-nurse-is-new-town-mayor-in-england

Jack :thumbsup:

Morning All :photo-109:

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted

We can't even vote here Mr President, yet in my country you have a Filipino mayor. Also Foreigners can buy houses, hotels and land.

• Love it 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, jimeve said:

We can't even vote here Mr President, yet in my country you have a Filipino mayor. Also Foreigners can buy houses, hotels and land.

Non-citizens cannot vote in the UK either.  You need to be a citizen to vote in the UK  so I can only assume you must also be a citizen to run for office?   He may be called a Filipino mayor, but that does not mean a non-citizen call hold office.   Like Jack,  I do want this to escalate, but at least in terms of voting and holding local office I do not see much difference between UK and the Philippines.   My opinion of course and based on limited research. 

<snip>

To vote at the UK general election you must be registered to vote and:

18 years of age or over on polling day
be a British, Irish or qualifying Commonwealth citizen
be resident at an address in the UK (or a UK citizen living abroad who has been registered to vote in the UK in the last 15 years)
not be legally excluded from voting

<snip>

You can vote and hold local office if you are a naturalized Philippine citizen

<snip>

1. Who are Naturalized Citizens? Naturalized citizens those are clothed by law with the rights and privileges accorded to a citizen of the Philippines, as well as bound by their duties to the State. In other words, they are also Filipinos. Thus they can vote during elections, acquire real property, and engage in business, among others. They must likewise observe loyalty to the Philippines, pay their taxes, and obey the laws and duly constituted authorities of the land. However, they cannot be elected President or Vice-President, or member of the Congress, or appointed justice of the Supreme Court or lower collegiate courts, or member of any of the Constitutional Commissions, or Ombudsman or his Deputy, or member of the Central Monetary Agency. These are among the restrictions to a naturalized citizen which are reserved only to a natural born citizen, who is by birth and heart a Filipino.

<end snip>

• Like 3

graham59
Posted
Posted

The Muslims will still continue their takeover... of a country full of ordinary, decent people, whom they are taught (by their 'belief system') to despise.  

What a rosy future. 

• Like 3
  • Love it 1
  • Sad 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Like Jack,  I do want this to escalate

:89: er Mike J. I hope and trust that this is a typo and you missed the not :wink: anyway, your point is taken and Thank You :smile:

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

:89: er Mike J. I hope and trust that this is a typo and you missed the not :wink: anyway, your point is taken and Thank You :smile:

Opps, my bad.  You are correct I missed the "not".  Thank you for catching it.

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

The corruption in the Phils system is so deeply embedded that not even Presidents can stop it. If the US would have made the Phils a state or a territory instead of granting independence things would be much different now. But we all know what happened.:huh: 

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, graham59 said:

The Muslims will still continue their takeover

To bad you don't have a 2nd amendment :thumbsup:

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

I agree with graham59 no go areas with sharia patrols , more mosques than churches in certain areas.

Muslim schools, the UK within 5-10 years will have a muslim majority population.

Personally i will never go back to the UK !

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Folks I have not put this here to encourage a Political Debate

Seems to fallen on DEAF Ears :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

1 hour ago, scott h said:

2 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

The corruption in the Phils system is so deeply embedded that not even Presidents can stop it. If the US would have made the Phils a state or a territory instead of granting independence things would be much different now. But we all know what happened.:huh: 

Not Only is it turning political it is again US Politics let's be moving on.png There is nothing more here for those that just want to be silly

• Haha 1