DSWD and fatherless children

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

This is a new one for me and only just now coming to light.  I have not got all the details.

When my live-in spouse started the process of getting a passport for herself and her fatherless child she was informed that she needed all the usual bureaucratic crap but the child needed very little.  The main thing the child needs is a letter of permission from the DSWD.

They refused.

So what do I mean by a fatherless child?  A child who was fathered by a man who denied any responsibility.  A father who said, "It ain't mine, you must have had a bunch of other guys so blame one of them".  So the birth certificate says father unknown and there was no father figure on the scene until I came along.

Has anyone else had to get a letter from DSWD to get permission for a child to get a passport?  How did you solve it?

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

The main thing the child needs is a letter of permission from the DSWD.

First I heard of that Dave, When Azon applied for Trisha's Passport ( aged 7) nothing was eve said about any letter. on renewing , again no mention of any thing. I will ask when she gets home from work if she knows anything but I get the feeling you may well get some other answers on this But could it be about why the Passport is needed, This was the only thing the DFA asked when she said We will go to Spain. AH Ok so does your man have permission to reside in Spain. Yes she said and I forwarded the Document and all was well in the End so my friend at this point:whatever: But I would be asking a few questions of my own  :wink:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I would be asking a few questions of my own 

I will be.  I understand that the information on the Internet is rarely 100% accurate when dealing with Philippine high and might bureaucrats but I did find this:

Illegitimate children
The Family Code of the Philippines vests the mother with the parental authority over an illegitimate child (Article 176).

If travelling with the mother, a DSWD travel clearance is not required.

Sounds like someone is playing God with Lynne, perhaps hoping for some under the table persuasion.  I will find out.

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

My first wife brought her two children (both 'father unknown' on their birth certs) aged 7 and 9 years to the UK on dependants' visas, and with their own Filipino passports.  No DWSD involvement, from what I can recall, though that was some years ago.  The rules could have changed. 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Sounds like someone is playing God with Lynne,

Yep.  She had a problem with us living together without benefit of marriage.  She apparently said she would sign it in a heartbeat if we were married.  It seems the reason for the paper is because the child is school age (4 going on 5 but they say school age is 3) and not yet in school.

So we found a "helper" to get around the BS and we will put him in school in June.  But really:  Has to be in school by age 3????  Dumb ass country.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yep.  She had a problem with us living together without benefit of marriage.  She apparently said she would sign it in a heartbeat if we were married.  It seems the reason for the paper is because the child is school age (4 going on 5 but they say school age is 3) and not yet in school.

So we found a "helper" to get around the BS and we will put him in school in June.  But really:  Has to be in school by age 3????  Dumb ass country.

Maybe that is pre school classes you should have got lynn to take her name and report her.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

@Dave Hounddriver

Apparently you can Appeal

****** In the meantime, the public may send their concerns to the DSWD through its primary text hotline access number, 0918-912-2813 or through email address inquiry@dswd.gov.ph.******

Dave I Do hope that things get Sorted, What are These/This person thinking of, You my Friend are doing your best to give the Lad a better Life. To me this should be their main concern :smile:

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

To me this should be their main concern

The beatch in question had Lynne in tears as she was there on her own and the B was lording it over her.  We have since got it sorted but the B stated that her "main concern" was having recently "rescued a minor from a foreign country" because the mother and child went with her unmarried husband to his home country and the mother had a "nervous breakdown" while she was there.  Sounds like a crock to me but I am told the B in question was the biggest fish in that small office.  We all know there are people like that.  They lord it over their fellow countrymen until they get tears.  If they tried that on a foreigner they would get anger.  IMHO it is abusive to do that but I cannot change the system.  Lynne seems OK now and we found a work around.

EDIT:  Jack, I am sure we could report her but it would be useless.  Abusive people like that know how to suck up to their superiors and look like perfect angels when being investigated.  It is an art that abusers learn to perfect.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

There is a pecking order here in my beloved Phills. Trust me, I know when I tried to get my GF's birth certificate corrected. Those who have money get things done. Those who don't..don't.:shake_80_anim_gif:

• Like 2