Tools

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Viking said:

How about electrical handtools from Europe, will they work good in Philippines?

Have some stuff at home that could be useful when we will renovate the house next year but I Think I read somewhere that there could be some problem about the voltage??? or maybe that was tools from US?? Any advice would be appreciated.

My British ones work fine here.  No issues. 

I do always leave their original (fused) plugs on though. 

Edited by graham59
  • Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Rayj said:

I’m thankful that I was at my fathers side during his “ after work” hours building cabinets in our basement to make an extra $buck to give us, his family. I still have so many tools that he collected over the years and I cherish the memories when I’m back in our workshop. I’ve even still got his 1952 henway.

Nobody makes a good Henway anymore.

• Haha 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, robert k said:

Nobody makes a good Henway anymore.

Obviously, so what is a Henway?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Obviously, so what is a Henway?

Gary I am glad you asked as I was afraid I would be the Only one not to know embarrased  man.jpg :smile:

• I'm Confused 1

roddavis
Posted
Posted

About 2-3 Lbs......Sorry guys, I just couldn't resist that one!:89:

• Haha 3

Rayj
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Rayj said:

I’m thankful that I was at my fathers side during his “ after work” hours building cabinets in our basement to make an extra $buck to give us, his family. I still have so many tools that he collected over the years and I cherish the memories when I’m back in our workshop. I’ve even still got his 1952 henway.

The part about my father is true. A happy Father’s Day to all fathers who sacrifice their health and well being for the love of their children.

On a side note, I’m blessed to have become a part of my Filipina family in which now there is a little 5 year old imp running around causing all kinds of chaos and joy and my wife tells me she’s the child I never had. My lucky Filipino leap of faith.

Gary D
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, roddavis said:

What's an Lbs :89:

Rayj
Posted
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Gary D said:

What's an Lbs :89:

Good question, why is pounds abreviated lbs?     From Wikipedia :

The pound or pound-mass is a unit of mass used in the imperialUnited States customaryand other systems of measurement. Various definitions have been used; the most common today is the international avoirdupois pound, which is legally defined as exactly 0.45359237 kilograms, and which is divided into 16 avoirdupois ounces.[1] The international standard symbol for the avoirdupois pound is lb;[2] an alternative symbol is lbm[3] (for most pound definitions), # (chiefly in the U.S.), and [4] or ″̶[5] (specifically for the apothecaries' pound).

whats the weight measurements used in England?

Edited by Rayj

Gary D
Posted
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Rayj said:

Good question, why is pounds abreviated lbs?     From Wikipedia :

The pound or pound-mass is a unit of mass used in the imperialUnited States customaryand other systems of measurement. Various definitions have been used; the most common today is the international avoirdupois pound, which is legally defined as exactly 0.45359237 kilograms, and which is divided into 16 avoirdupois ounces.[1] The international standard symbol for the avoirdupois pound is lb;[2] an alternative symbol is lbm[3] (for most pound definitions), # (chiefly in the U.S.), and [4] or ″̶[5] (specifically for the apothecaries' pound).

whats the weight measurements used in England?

Ah 0.454 kilograms so a henway is 1-1.5 kg.

Edited by Gary D
  • Haha 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, roddavis said:

It was a good cast but I thought the bait needed a little more wiggle since no one was taking the bait.

• Love it 1