Fiery Ladies on Negros

Gary D
Posted
Posted

The topic of tampo hasn't come up lately, should be a sticky for new comers to read.

• Like 3

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Gary D said:

The topic of tampo hasn't come up lately, should be a sticky for new comers to read.

Just had to ask Mr. Google:

Tampó, in Filipino culture, refers to a behavior in which a person withdraws his or her affection or cheerfulness from a person who has hurt his or her feelings. In English "sulking" or "to sulk" is often considered the closest translation of tampo and there is also the term the silent treatment. Wikipedia

tampo.JPG

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

Just had to ask Mr. Google:

Tampó, in Filipino culture, refers to a behavior in which a person withdraws his or her affection or cheerfulness from a person who has hurt his or her feelings. In English "sulking" or "to sulk" is often considered the closest translation of tampo and there is also the term the silent treatment. Wikipedia

tampo.JPG

I suspect that many of us married to Filipinas did not need google to define tampo. :smile:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

I suspect that many of us married to Filipinas did not need google to define tampo.

Agreed.  And if a person wanted to find out about Tampo, a search of the forum would show these threads:

Note that I only searched for threads where Tampo appears in the title.  If you want to know more, search where Tampo appears anywhere within the thread. 

• Thanks 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, virginprune said:

She tried that on me about 4 years ago, lasted about 6 hours before I put a stop to it. Quite easily really, she noticed that I was checking out flights to Cebu, she asked me what I was doing. I told her that if she wasn't going to talk to me I would find someone who would. Stopped in it's tracks and never happened since.

I'm glad that this worked for you, and it may have also worked for me in the Philippines, but we're both together now in the USA. 

If "Tampo' ever occcured again (and I honestly believe that it won't), I would hate to be saying something like I'm flying to L.A. or NYC, with the threat of leaving her all alone in a new place (that's almost foreign to her).

Just saying  :smile:

Edited by Mark Berkowitz
  • Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

I would hate to be saying something like I'm flying to L.A. or NYC

You could always mention Nevada?

• Haha 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

You could always mention Nevada?

Vegas or Reno :89: :smile::laugh:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

If "Tampo' ever occcured again (and I honestly believe that it won't), I would hate to be saying something like I'm flying to L.A. or NYC, with the threat of leaving her all alone in a new place (that's almost foreign to her).

Ah But Mark, sometimes it would suit the purpose of Teaching her/them that is how it would be for us when Alienated, There are Days with the way things happen here for us (Foreigners) That the Philippines is /can be a Lonely place without our Ladies beside us. :wink:   

• Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1