Scammed man contact media!

Viking
Posted
Posted

This man was scammed by a pinay and contacted the media so that other guys would be warned of her. Not what most of us would be doing, maybe not even adviceble but in this case it looks like he will get some of his money back. The TV-team will also go with him when he go to Cebu to see the "lady" next week. I guess it is safe when TV is with him otherwise I believe it would be very dangerous.

He had been supporting her for some time and had sent her almost 300k pesos, turned out that she was living with her husband and their kids.

This is not the first time, nor the last, that scams like this will happen. It do surprise me that there is so many pinoys/pinays supporting the foreigner in the comments :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KixZtLuTEZ0&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR1naDyPdXDKJLex062PxvfG-ya73fJwxJIW-fAuKVGPb54p2Gpkky1Hsnc

• Sad 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

One also has to be very careful when slandering a Filipina. There are laws to protect them from that, both on and off the internet.  

However....so many cases here of (idiot) poriners letting their little head rule their big head.  I have no sympathy, to be honest. 

• Like 1
  • I'm Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, graham59 said:

One also has to be very careful when slandering a Filipina. There are laws to protect them from that, both on and off the internet.  

However....so many cases here of (idiot) poriners letting their little head rule their big head.  I have no sympathy, to be honest. 

Slandering is one thing, but in this case it seems that he told the truth.

Its easy to condemn other people for their mistakes, but finding a good woman is not always easy, even if you are careful. You need some luck too.

I had that luck and so did you I suppose, but I have no problem having sympathy for the unlucky ones  :cheersty:

• Like 1

Peaceful John
Posted
Posted

I say BRAVO to this gentlemen for having the courage and "nads" to take the path he did.  No matter what the nay sayers comment,  this man just saved who knows how many men from the same fate.  Both the husband and wife admitted to the scam and I have no doubt many good honest pinays who know these 2 will shame them tremendously/

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Well, we all have our own experiences and views of course.   :thumbsup:

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

That's lucky.  She has promised to pay him back so at least he will see his money again.  Time to take my Unicorn for a ride I think. :89:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Yes sueing someone who has no money is just more money down the drain. Perhaps she will pay him from the money she receives from the next victim.

• Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

That's lucky.  She has promised to pay him back so at least he will see his money again.  Time to take my Unicorn for a ride I think. :89:

Time will tell if he is lucky or not, hahaha. At first I did´nt believe that he would get any of his money back, but as it turned out the couple actually sent him 60k. He did not get it yet because of some problem about his ID. I dont think he will get back all the money he sent to her, but if he can get some of it, its better than the alternative ;)

• Like 1

Viking
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Yes sueing someone who has no money is just more money down the drain. Perhaps she will pay him from the money she receives from the next victim.

He was not going to sue her, he just wanted to warn other people for this person. Thats a possibility that the next victim will pick up the bill for this :angry:

Edited by Viking
spelling