This Applies 100% to Filipinas!

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Every time i hear thr fleetwood mac song Rhiannon, the memory of me sitting in my yacht with the spinaker up sailing in gentle water past the cliffs of yorkshire comes to mind , i was too laid back to even think of taking pictures ,i was just inhaling the scenery

Nice song!

With me it was, "Ride of the Valkyries," with the stereo loud on the cockpit speakers while sailing along at 8-9 knots with a 30 knot tailwind!

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

Be careful..this could mean something else in Aussie language

You mean, "You drive me knackers?":smile:

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Haha 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Nice song!

With me it was, "Ride of the Valkyries," with the stereo loud on the cockpit speakers while sailing along at 8-9 knots with a 30 knot tailwind!

We used to play ride of the valkyries when we put into harbour lol

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

We used to play ride of the valkyries when we put into harbour lol

Glad you weren't in the same harbour as me:hystery:. But, alas, we digress...:sad:

Photos... I went to Germany in university for a semester. I purposely did not bring my nice Olympus SLR. Sure, my memories are flawed now... but I do have memories thinking about the places I traveled to. Imagine... you couldn't take photos anyway when crossing into East Germany or Czechoslovakia at that time - you would be shot by one of the machine gun carrying soldiers with their jack boots and poochy pants and mean faces! I didn't worry about someone stealing the camera while I slept or showered and I didn't have to carry that extra weight in my pack when hiking and hitch-hiking.

Yes... I do regret missing some photos but, however flawed, I still have what's left of my memories and hopefully they won't be erased any time soon!

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

I will buy a lifetime supply of those for L!!! Did you find those at the same pharmacy where they sell, "Damnitall?":hystery:

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

I guess I remember many things from my own eyes, the music, scent and touch and not always photos. But I realize too that photos do add so much to the remembrance of experiences. I just don't appreciate when L wants photo after photo after photo and so many selfies that it takes away from the experience for me? So I am old fashioned - I am the first to admit that.:biggrin:

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

This was the yacht I owned and sailed when playing Ride of the Valkyries while hauling ass!

My Yacht for Ride of the Valkyrie.jpg

This is a hole in the ground. Beats me why we have a title and topic so lets all talk anything anywhere. Anyone else seen a hole like this? 

hole.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

This is a hole in the ground. Beats me why we have a title and topic so lets all talk anything anywhere. Anyone else seen a hole like this?

Sorry JGF. I understand. I will try kicking myself in the ass some more to try to follow forum guidelines better than I have so far. 

Edited by Tommy T.

OzeMike
Posted
Posted

Could be more significance to this hole JGF

To go down the rabbit hole. To enter into a situation or begin a process or journey that is particularly strange, problematic, difficult, complex, or chaotic, especially one that becomes increasingly so as it develops or unfolds. (An allusion to Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll.)

:shades:

• Like 1