Philippine Driving Licence

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Every now and then the Driving Licence issue comes up, Just Thought I would Post the new Requirements and prices ( well as new as I can make out);

LTO linence part 1.png  Lto licence part 2.png

• Like 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Quick question,  do we have to sit a test or does a UK license,  get us a pass

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, bastonjock said:

Quick question,  do we have to sit a test or does a UK license,  get us a pass

It depends on the Mood of the LTO that day, 3 Friends here in Dumaguete over the last year or so had to do the written test but not the practical, For  me, I had to do Both as I could not get my Spanish Licence Translated to fit the time scale so it was like Starting all over  :56da632e94212_1(60):

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

The 1 year visa is a big problem for a lot of people. My licence was issued from a UK licence but as Jack says it depends on which side of the bed they got out of.

• Like 5

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

Just renewed my fake drivers license a month a go. P3k. Good for 5 years. :thumbsup: 

• Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 3

Viking
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

The 1 year visa is a big problem for a lot of people. 

So it is not possible to get a PH driver license if you stay on a Tourist visa?

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Viking said:

So it is not possible to get a PH driver license if you stay on a Tourist visa?

Not according to the rules, but it's the Philippines. I have a Philippine drivers License and I'm on tourist visa but I got mine before the rule change so I am grandfathered in.

• Like 1

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, robert k said:

Not according to the rules, but it's the Philippines. I have a Philippine drivers License and I'm on tourist visa but I got mine before the rule change so I am grandfathered in.

Yes, no change to renewals...…..yet.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

My wife and I went to Carcar (2 hour trip) to do our driver license renewal.  Got there just as they were opening at 8:00.  Took about 2 1/2 hours for us to jump thru the hoops, stand in line, etc.  At the end of all that we each get our receipt and are told that we had to go to the new Seaside Mall in Cebu City to get the actual license.  So now we are looking at an additional 3 hour trip next week to get the *&% license.  :571c66d400c8c_1(103)::1927_::shock_40_anim_gif:

Fee was 727.63 which included the late fee of 75 peso because our licenses expired in May.  I fully expect to pay additional fees when we go get the actual license.  There was an additional fee of 750 peso each of us for the urine drug test and the physical exam.  The doctor was amazing!  She sat there, never examined me, did not ask me a single question, nor even looked at my medical questionnaire.  And yet she still knew my blood pressure, vision was perfect, everything is A OK!   What a relief to know that I am in such good health. :whistling:

So probably a good idea to have 2000 peso in your pocket when you go to renew, just to be safe.

• Like 4
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

2 1/2 hours for us to jump thru the hoops, stand in line, etc.  At the end of all that we each get our receipt and are told that we had to go to the new Seaside Mall in Cebu City to get the actual license.  So now we are looking at an additional 3 hour trip next week to get the *&% license.  

Sounds like the Department of Motor Vehicles in California…………..even with an appointment you need to book all day to get your license...……….I wont speak for other countries or even States. But the Philippine government is not all that different from California…...incompetent time servers lolololol :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 2
  • Sad 1