Philippine Driving Licence

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, scott h said:

I wont speak for other countries or even States

This was one time that I really missed Washington state.  Time to renew your driver license?  Go online, fill out the online form, enter your credit card number, a week or so later you get your new license in the mail.  Good for five more years.   If memory serves me right you need to certify under penalty of law that your health, vision, etc, has not changed.  Annual renewal of automobile license tags just as easy unless you need a new plate.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

TimL
Posted
Posted

Same in Florida. Couldn’t be any easier. 

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, TimL said:

Same in Florida. Couldn’t be any easier. 

Err, not quite....maybe in the US, but the UK driving licence is valid until your 70th birthday and renewable every three years thereafter. 

Still, at least the phils licence is now valid for five years, which is a considerable improvement on previously.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Huggybearman said:

valid until your 70th birthday and renewable every three years thereafter. 

Quite true But and there is always a But :huh: You have to be there, I am 71 and reapplied for the Extension at 70 only to be told that I had to  have a medical. Of course impossible as I am here, They will not accept any other Doctor than their own preferred Doctor, so I just went down the Road of one here, I had a Spanish Licence for a while  which caused me a few problems (Translation to English) but I got over that by taking the Tests

BTW I believe now that if you have a Clean slate for the 5 years here you can get your renewal for 10 years I don't know or heard of anyone getting one, has anyone ?

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Ah Found the Bit to add to my previous Post:

******Yes, they’re mandated by law–specifically Republic Act 10930–but that doesn’t mean they’re actually for everyone. Land Transportation Office (LTO) chief Edgar Galvante said that only motorists who follow traffic laws will get to enjoy the 10-year validity of their driver’s licenses.

“From the one-year validity of the driver’s license, we made it three years. Now, we made it five and so it would be 10 [years] so that you don’t have to come back every five years but rather, 10. You have to come back only once every 10 years for you to renew your license but that is if you are not delinquent meaning, you do not have violations,” Galvante told the Philippine News Agency (PNA).

He also added that drivers who have incurred many violations will only be given driver’s licenses with a five-year validity once they renew them after the tenth year. Moreover, all licenses can be revoked anytime the driver has acquired several traffic violations–just like what happened to Miko Lopez earlier this month.*******

Republic Act 10930

Full story here;

https://www.carmudi.com.ph/journal/lto-10-year-validity-in-drivers-licenses-are-not-guaranteed/

• Like 4

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

BTW I believe now that if you have a Clean slate for the 5 years here you can get your renewal for 10 years I don't know or heard of anyone getting one, has anyone ?

I have also heard that from my BIL but dismissed it as wishful thinking. Perhaps not? 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Huggybearman said:

but dismissed it as wishful thinking. Perhaps not? 

Huggy see my Later Post on this :wink:

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
On 7/27/2019 at 10:52 AM, Jack Peterson said:

Huggy see my Later Post on this :wink:

Thanks, Jack. I missed that. Sounds very promising. I hope it comes to fruition.

Ken

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 7/27/2019 at 10:45 AM, Jack Peterson said:

Quite true But and there is always a But :huh: You have to be there...

Yes!  

I let my licence expire when I was in Hong Kong - didn't drive or have any intention of driving there and the it expired.  I tried to renew but was told it was not possible if you were out of the country.  Now, i could have taken a chance and gave my parent's address and renewed anyway (same name) but I was concerned that they DVLA may connect my email to the renewal application and smell a rat.   In retrospect, i should have changed my UK licence to a Hong Kong one whilst it was still valid but hey ho!  

So, If I decide to add to the traffic congestion here, I'll need to start from square one like you, Jack.  :wink:

• Like 2