Dumaguete is starting to Clamp down on Traffic Violators

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Yeah, and guess who they target. Yep the foreigner.  

I'm not worried. I've got my fake drivers license in my pocket, and if needed:mellow: 1k to pay the fine on the spot! 

Edited by Arizona Kid
mispell
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

I've got my fake drivers license in my pocket, and if needed:mellow: 1k to pay the fine on the spot! 

Let us know how that works out for ya.  I haven't found a Philippine cop willing to take a bribe since Duterte doubled their salary. Not that I have tried . . . or have I :lipssealed_80_anim_gif:

• Haha 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Let us know how that works out for ya.  I haven't found a Philippine cop willing to take a bribe since Duterte doubled their salary. Not that I have tried . . . or have I :lipssealed_80_anim_gif:

I'll let you know right now. Since 2002 I've been stopped maybe 8 times for violations. NOT ONCE has my offer of settling things on the spot been rejected. Maybe you live in a part of the Phills where cops are honest?:867:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

Since 2002 I've been stopped maybe 8 times for violations

So what

2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I haven't found a Philippine cop willing to take a bribe since Duterte doubled their salary

Read twice.  Stir once

• Hmm thinking 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Down my way the Region 12 LTO are out in force most days inc weekends. Lots of bikes confiscated, many unclaimed up for sale now at reasonable prices. Not many foreigners here compared to other places still have not noticed any pulled over.

We know a lady here that was fined P13,000 for not having a child in a seatbelt. Another member here suggested possibly doing that during a mini break to Cebu City. I would advise reappraising that decision.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

They also started cracking down here in Moalboal.  Helmets and expired plates.  The mayor says it is for safety, but I think she is doing it to try and balance the budget. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

CTTMO and local cops are very active here in recent months... Mostly seem to be targeting jeepneys (yes!) but also errant drivers not turning from turning lanes or speeding too. I am happy to see it.

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

So what

Read twice.  Stir once

Amazing! All of the crooked cops will now find Jesus and become upstanding officers. :hystery: :no:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...
  • Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

I couldn't think of where else to post this one and didn't think it necessary to start a new topic but just add on to this one - hope that's okay with you guys?

Yesterday we visited our home site in Tugbok. It's 17 km from the apartment in Ecoland. On the way back at about 3 pm we passed at least 8 police emphasis patrols. They were on both sides of the road and each had maybe 4-6 police and/or CTTMO guys. They were pulling over anything and everything that had violations. It seemed to be focused mainly on seatbelts - but jeepneys, cars, trucks, all were being checked. They looked in our car and we were belted up as always. And they were writing tickets - ticket books out and copies handed to the violators. I would estimate they had a checkpoint about every 2 km or so. It was good to see. It would be interesting to know if this was just a one-day activity or continuing? But I definitely see much more police and CTTMO presence than last year - speeding, belts, etc. I just wish they were out at night to catch the jeepneys and tricycles and bikes and cars that run with either insufficient lights or no lights at all...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1