Buying a condo in taygaytay

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, jimeve said:

The OP will be renting out the condo, so that won't be a problem for him.

Yes I would agree but That might be an issue for Rentals continuing once it is found to be Noisy methinks

Edited by Jack Peterson
spelling
  • Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

Thanks... I saw that after re-reading his post... I think I had a "senior" moment?:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

You're not alone Tom, I read the post several times after seeing both your and Jim's posts and convinced myself senility had set in!

• Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

Yeah... you're right.

I was just thinking about if he ever decided to actually move into it some time in the future...? Then it might become an issue?

Yes Tom, it's not like houses are noisy here, is it!  Seriously though, unless you're living in a relatively isolated spot noise comes with the territory here.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, hk blues said:

Yes Tom, it's not like houses are noisy here, is it!  Seriously though, unless you're living in a relatively isolated spot noise comes with the territory here.

Yes, HK you are right. However I am thinking back (another senior moment here) about one of the members who purchased a condo in a resort that was built for seniors and very quiet... I would have to look it up. His situation sounded really nice - a resort with all the amenities plus peace and quiet... It doesn't get much better than that.

Our house location is - so far - rather peaceful. Only a couple of dogs and they stop barking after they make their point that they are there and just seem to get used to our interference with their adjacent territory. I can live with that. Sometimes there is karaoke, but far away... I know it will change - that's inevitable.

And senility? I forgot what that means...:hystery:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

P. T. Kelly
Posted
Posted

I thank you all for the input,  I will add the wife has a house in dasma and I would get a "giant" (i know, it's still small) 2 bedroom condo for personal use and another one or two to solely rent. 

Ultamately it would be an occational use place when visiting taygaytay. 

I stay there very frequently using air BNB so I really know what the condos are like. 

I just want a place to stay when I'm there and rent out when I'm not using it. 

I see how the air bnb condo owners are making the places pay for themselves. 

I am right now considering the side by side as was mentioned earlier how I can make the transaction to buy one or more. 

We are going in may with a fist full of cash looking to invest in our future and trying to get as much input as possible. 

I also wonder how as a foreigner who for the time being can purchase something like that on loan while working out of the country. 

I do have really good income but when I retire I want more than my pension to depend on... 

Thanks all. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I just looked it up. It was snowy79 who wrote about a cool condo in a resort where it was quiet.... It sounded like he had an ideal situation there... that is if someone is looking for peace and quiet...

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Personally I'd invest the money 'back home', if you have it to spare.  Probably save 10 years stress.  :unsure:

I agree.  Who is going to manage Air Bnb rentals for you?  That is a lot of work and if you don't have someone really good doing it, the units will get bad reviews and you won't have anyone renting from you.

Even more importantly, and this is only my opinion, caution should be used when buying condos in the Manila area right now.  Tagaytay is not directly in Manila, but Tagaytay investors are.  Manila condo prices are up 40% in the last year or so, due to the Chinese POGO operators.  I think it is a bubble getting ready to burst and if all the 100,000 to 250,000 Chinese POGO workers get sent home, boom!

• Like 5

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Yes I would agree but That might be an issue for Rentals continuing once it is found to be Noisy methinks

It is what it is Jack, think where you are. Noise and philippines comes in hand in hand.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love it 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, jimeve said:

It is what it is Jack, think where you are. Noise and philippines comes in hand in hand.

I agree, so the OP needs to think on EH?

• Like 2