SMART Data Service On Phone

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Has anyone else experienced recent problems with SMART data / internet service on their phones?

I have been buying their cheap data plans, like ALLOUT30, for several years now, and it always worked fine.  In the past few weeks, it got slower and now it seems to barely work.  Anybody else?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I had some smart data the other day and seemed to be working normal. :phone_80_anim_gif:

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Has anyone else experienced recent problems with SMART data / internet service on their phones?

I have been buying their cheap data plans, like ALLOUT30, for several years now, and it always worked fine.  In the past few weeks, it got slower and now it seems to barely work.  Anybody else?

Have you disconnected from the portal and reconnected? 

• Like 1

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted

I also have noticed their data service has been slower of late.  Even when my phone shows that I am connected with 4G sometimes webpages fail to load.  It is also becoming more and more frequent.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, robert k said:

How do I do that?

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:
8 hours ago, robert k said:

Turn off the phone and turn it on again. I think that's what Robert means?

I have had intermittent problems here for close to a week. It slows to a stop sometimes in the afternoons. I usually remedy it by turning the phone off then on again - same with the wireless modem that also uses stupid - I mean Smart - data.

Short followup... Just now the wireless modem was disconnected. I had to manually reconnect it. It could be a cell tower issue also as the signal has been fairly low lately. Maybe something after a few powerful thunderstorms in the area?

My Smart data has been dropping out about 2-3 times per hour this morning now...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

I use SMART for my phone load, it runs at 20 to 30 Mbps here on the edge of CDO.  Globe is much slower at 3 to 5Mbps and it is also less reliable with more time outs and drop outs.

But cell phone and data performance is effected by the load on the local towers where you are and I have been at other places where Globe is faster than SMART.

Really all you can do is try both at your house and see which works better for you.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 3

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I use Smart data and generally it is good, even out of the town where I live. Certain times of the day it slows down, worst time is late afternoon/early evening are poorest time. That is probably due to all the kids online after school and workers too, so much demand then. As for resetting just go in airplane mode then back again often works as well as rebooting the device.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Turn off the phone and turn it on again. I think that's what Robert means?

I have had intermittent problems here for close to a week. It slows to a stop sometimes in the afternoons. I usually remedy it by turning the phone off then on again - same with the wireless modem that also uses stupid - I mean Smart - data.

Short followup... Just now the wireless modem was disconnected. I had to manually reconnect it. It could be a cell tower issue also as the signal has been fairly low lately. Maybe something after a few powerful thunderstorms in the area?

I'm fairly certain I rebooted the phone a few times in the last few week.  It got to "no batt" a few times too.  I rebooted and it still has issues.

Like right now, Facebook will come up on the phone, but when I click an external link in FB, it takes forever or times out.  Same links work fine on my laptop with home internet.

Also, the slowness did seem to coincide with the monsoon rains.  They are gone this week and it is still slow.  Going to Cebu tomorrow and I'm hoping it works well there.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

I use SMART for my phone load, it runs at 20 to 30 Mbps here on the edge of CDO.  Globe is much slower at 3 to 5Mbps and it is also less reliable with more time outs and drop outs.

But cell phone and data performance is effected by the load on the local towers where you are and I have been at other places where Globe is faster than SMART.

Really all you can do is try both at your house and see which works better for you.

To be clear, I only use the SMART data when I am away from home.  I have great internet at home.