Water Problems

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

I have found out from a reliable source what the cause of no water is about.

There was once an abundant supply of water here in the city, so much so that I had to close the supply valve to the upper tank because the tank was overflowing.

The government owned utility was doing a great job, no problems at all and plenty of water, so what went wrong?

Well one day they decided to privatise the water utility to make things greater for the community, so they privatised it overnight, it wasn't put out to tender it was just bought for an undisclosed some.

The new owner is a politician in the city, so now no phucking water. 

No wonder it wasn't put out to tender.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

There was once an abundant supply of water here in the city, so much so that I had to close the supply valve to the upper tank because the tank was overflowing.

The government owned utility was doing a great job, no problems at all and plenty of water, so what went wrong?

Well one day they decided to privatise the water utility to make things greater for the community, so they privatised it overnight, it wasn't put out to tender it was just bought for an undisclosed some.

A perfect example of why we should follow the old adage - "If it ain't broken, don't fix it!"

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

And this surprises you? Maybe you haven't been in the Phills very long?:facepalm_80_anim_gif:

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

And this surprises you? Maybe you haven't been in the Phills very long?:facepalm_80_anim_gif:

Arizona, but the locals just cop it sweet, nothing said, just go without and continue to pay the bill for no water.

• Hmm thinking 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

And the powers to be that are doing this are probably not even using any lubricant.

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

And the powers to be that are doing this are probably not even using any lubricant.

As I often say to my wife, you get the government you deserve.  The shrug of the shoulders and "What can you do?" attitude is one of the reasons this country seems not to be developing as well as it could. The rich and powerful here really have done a great job in creating such an environment of apathy to certain things.  

• Like 4

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

And reach-arounds are completely out of the question.

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

And not even a kiss...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

fototek1
Posted
Posted

Apparently they are having the exact same issue north of Manila. Our place is very close to the Angat dam which supplies parts of Manila. The water has been turned off for more than half of each day for the past 2 months. Every time its turned back on its dirty so as many others have done, we now have a well.  

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, fototek1 said:

so as many others have done, we now have a well.

If you haven't done so already, be sure to try to get the water tested for biological, chemical and metal contaminants. Can that even be done here for small scale supplies like wells or streams?