• Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Air Asia to/from Cebu was the smallest seat I have ever been in

OK for short trips

4 hours ago, jimeve said:

Checked in at Dumaguete to Manila and was surprised I got the seat number A1 thats the first seat on the left emergency door,

Most likely they sized you up with the ability to open the door in an emergency. 

• Like 2

LUFCinMakati
Posted
Posted
On 8/29/2019 at 12:28 PM, OnMyWay said:

Yes, for most seats, they charge.  It varies by flight and seat.

If you go to online booking, after you put in your destination, dates, etc., the next screen will show a list of flights.  Next to each flight you will see "Seats".  Click on this and it will display the seatmap.  Hover over a seat and it will display the charge to get it.

PAL like many other airlines have a bid to upgrade scheme, you get an email around 5 days before u fly. Bid about $10 more than the minimum and u will get upgraded. 

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, LUFCinMakati said:

PAL like many other airlines have a bid to upgrade scheme, you get an email around 5 days before u fly. Bid about $10 more than the minimum and u will get upgraded. 

It happens that PAL have a bid to upgrade scheme on a flight I have booked that leaves in one week.  They did not email me but I looked it up on their site.  The minimum bid for an upgrade to business class (in my case) is US$810 each way.  Upgrading to business class for the round trip would cost me double what I paid for my tickets IN ADDITION to what I paid for my tickets, thereby costing me triple.

However, I was really tempted by your suggestion to offer $10 over the minimum.  Being a big spender, I completed the bid with $20 over the minimum :hystery:  I will let you know if you were right.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, LUFCinMakati said:

Well, I'm screwed again.  My booking was made before March 24th so I can't look into this at all.  If premium economy were available for a decent minimum, I might bid.

I can see what their pricing scheme is.  I'm sick of all the bean counters at the airlines.  I used to be one for a while at a cargo airline, but now the passenger airlines combine the revenue bean counters with the marketing bean counters, and all the customer gets is bean farts!

• Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

This is the e-mail I got.  They are so nice to offer me a "choice" seat in economy for only $15!  An aisle seat for $15!  First 4 or 5 rows for $40!!!

Screenshot (522).png

All of the dark blue seats are Choice seats!

Screenshot (524).png

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

It happens that PAL have a bid to upgrade scheme on a flight I have booked that leaves in one week.  They did not email me but I looked it up on their site.  The minimum bid for an upgrade to business class (in my case) is US$810 each way.  Upgrading to business class for the round trip would cost me double what I paid for my tickets IN ADDITION to what I paid for my tickets, thereby costing me triple.

However, I was really tempted by your suggestion to offer $10 over the minimum.  Being a big spender, I completed the bid with $20 over the minimum :hystery:  I will let you know if you were right.

Dave, you are flying soon and for others who have not flown recently.  They are cracking down on what you can put in your carry on.  My wife had to toss a perfectly good folding umbrella before our flight to Cebu.  Others that caught my eye on the new lists were tripods, selphie sticks and those battery storage packs.  Check the lists.  Don't take my word on it.

Dave, I know you carry a selfie stick all the time, so be warned!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Dave, I know you carry a selfie stick all the time, so be warned!

You mean he carries a walking stick. :thumbsup:

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

all the customer gets is bean farts!

Hmmm... that might get you a row all by yourself!:hystery:

• Haha 1