Car Horns

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gary D said:

From my limited experience of driving in the Philippines only a good horn applies, the most reliable and maintained item on the car. I'm sure when filipinos buy a car their only concern is that the horn works or they'll walk away.

One of the taxi drivers in Cebu has wired a horn button onto the transmission gear shift lever.  It has a small button on top of the shifting knob.  Now he is able to shift and honk at the same time.  In city driving you right hand stays on the shift most of the time so I thought it was a clever and creative idea. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Gary D said:

I'm sure when filipinos buy a car their only concern is that the horn works or they'll walk away.

I thought many of them also looked for a big, loud stereo system with mega-speakers/woofers in the back or trunk?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Gary D said:

I'm sure when filipinos buy a car their only concern is that the horn works or they'll walk away.

The first question I have always been asked, when a Filipino is offering to buy a car from me is:  "Is the aircon cold".  

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 9/4/2019 at 10:37 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

When being trained to drive a Greyhound bus in Canada, they taught us to use the horn when passing and entering the other vehicle's blind spot.  We had airhorns.  I loved that job.  They changed their policy a few years later.

Always blowing your own trumpet mate.

• Haha 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Mike J said:

One of the taxi drivers in Cebu has wired a horn button onto the transmission gear shift lever.  It has a small button on top of the shifting knob.  Now he is able to shift and honk at the same time.  In city driving you right hand stays on the shift most of the time so I thought it was a clever and creative idea. :thumbsup:

I thought that horn button was linked to the meter so every time they honk the meter clicks up.

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Gary D said:

I thought that horn button was linked to the meter so every time they honk the meter clicks up.

That can be true. I have a friend who caught out a taxi driver doing exactly that. He made the driver stop by a policeman and showed him what was happening. Taxi driver pulled out of his car and busted...true story...

• Hmm thinking 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

That can be true. I have a friend who caught out a taxi driver doing exactly that. He made the driver stop by a policeman and showed him what was happening. Taxi driver pulled out of his car and busted...true story...

Can't be true. All taxi drivers in the Phills are honest!:shades:

• Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I thought many of them also looked for a big, loud stereo system with mega-speakers/woofers in the back or trunk?

Just like in America!:hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Can't be true. All taxi drivers in the Phills are honest!:shades:

Really sad but true, AK.... :tiphat:

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Hobbit112 said:

Just like in America!:hystery:

Well, they are great imitators here... sortof... But they play "music?" so loud it distorts... No Americans do that...:huh: