Now reteturned from my 3 week Philipines Visit !

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

The info on cleaning up Manila Bay is interesting, but this article says it is a waste of money as the biggest contributors to the pollution are still dumping crap into the Bay, even as the cleanup goes on:

https://www.manilatimes.net/2019/09/15/opinion/editorial/fund-for-cleanup-may-be-wasteful/616525/

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

The info on cleaning up Manila Bay is interesting, but this article says it is a waste of money as the biggest contributors to the pollution are still dumping crap into the Bay, even as the cleanup goes on:

https://www.manilatimes.net/2019/09/15/opinion/editorial/fund-for-cleanup-may-be-wasteful/616525/

Powerful and wise words in that news article. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 9/15/2019 at 1:28 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

The info on cleaning up Manila Bay is interesting, but this article says it is a waste of money as the biggest contributors to the pollution are still dumping crap into the Bay,

I think there is a huge effort to sort this out. I watch a vlogger who follows the crews and for one, shows the demolition and relocation of squatter areas on rivers and a wall has been erected to prevent trash from ending up in the river and into the sea.

Yes long process, costly and educating the people is a huge task but in the end the education is getting through slowly.

• Like 4

Clermont
Posted
Posted

In the past we've read on this site about shanties being demolished that have encroached outside their boundaries, we've even grumbled about the crack down on vehicle related infringements. We've witnessed a whole island shut down, it took a lot of effort to reopen it, now, their is a bit of wavering in minds as to whether they can implement the clean up in Manila bay. Over the last few year, I've seen a marked change in and around Manila and Provinces I have visited, and I for one will put my money on they will clean it up. It was a good clean harbour back in the 70's and it will return to it's glory again. :thumbsup:

• Like 3