History Channel "Lost Gold of WWII"

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Like most on the History channel all fake,Storage wars, Pawn stars etc all pre scripted .

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, expatuk2014 said:

Like most on the History channel all fake,Storage wars, Pawn stars etc all pre scripted .

Please tell me that it is not so. :boohoo::hystery:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

I believe ANY gold found (and illegally mined) in the Phils belongs to the government anyway....and can you even imagine them giving any sort of reward or share to the finder ?  :no:

• Hmm thinking 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Gary D said:

Yes correction The curse of oak island.

How about the curse of Cignal TV?:laugh:

• Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, graham59 said:

I believe ANY gold found (and illegally mined) in the Phils belongs to the government anyway....and can you even imagine them giving any sort of reward or share to the finder ?  :no:

WRONG!! It belong to the Marcos clan.:t07051:

• Haha 2

DavidK
Posted
Posted

Don't worry, starting next week it's the search for "Lost Confederate Gold". I'd never realised people were so careless with their gold until I started watching History/Discovery channels. Of course for all their faults and hype the "Lost Gold/Treasure" programmes still aren't a patch on "Ancient Aliens". However in a bid to up the ante the History channel is now combining the two - one of the guys from "The Curse of Oak Island" is now joining the search for "Ancient Aliens". The hyperbole will be unmatched in all of recorded history*.

* See what I did there?

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, DavidK said:

I'd never realised people were so careless with their gold until I started watching History/Discovery channels.

Perhaps they are on the verge or renaming.  The Hysteria Channel might be an apt one.

• Haha 2

Jack D
Posted
Posted
On 9/14/2019 at 4:59 AM, expatuk2014 said:

What ever happened to the original concept of the history channel?

As seen in this 1994 TV ad, they originally seemed to be focused on reporting history instead of promoting silly and ridiculous fantasies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE4VdLfFERE

• Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Jack D said:

What ever happened to the original concept of the history channel?

Yeah... I miss the early version a lot.

What irritates me is the quiet volume so I have to crank it up to hear the program, then they switch to one of their few but endlessly repeating ads for their own programming at high volume that blasts me out of my chair! "Dey comin' for us now!" And the endless repeat repeat of scenes from the program - come ON! Even my ancient pea brain isn't that slow!:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Discovery Channel has gone the same way, gold hunting, big game fishing, alone and naked on some remote island? But they still have How it Works and How it's Made and a few others that I find interesting. And I really enjoy the How the Universe Works series. The scientists may not be right with some (many?) of their theories, but they do make me think and wonder about this amazing place...

And I guess we should not mention since it is a bit off topic, but how about the movie channels that simply move mostly the same movies from one to the next? How many times do I want to watch even my favourite Star Trek movies week after week?

Oops...sorry... I guess I just mentioned it...:89:

Edited by Tommy T.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

This just seen on MSNBC Philippines news. Could this be the next History Channel reality program??? Maybe there is a stash of gold nearby too? (sarc):huh:

Grenades, ammunition dug up

Eva Visperas

11 hrs ago

ASINGAN, Pangasinan, Philippines — At least 50 pieces of vintage grenades and ammunition were dug up by a farmer as he was plowing his farm in Barangay Baro in this town on Saturday morning. 

Rico Marquez, 21, found the grenades and ammunition at around 7:30 a.m. in Sitio Panagidan.

Marquez told police his plow hit something and was surprised to find the ammunition.

Village residents said that during the World War II, soldiers passed through the area on their way to Nueva Ecija.