Customer service or not

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Normally I find customer service here to be very good. But this week 2 days not so good ! On Monday We went to a well known courier whos name begins with " L " we wanted to send 3 items to a friend in the UK which were a ladies purse, a keyring shoe and a pencil drawing of the friends in the UK. But the guy at the counter said the purse needed a certificate of authenticity , and the keyring shoe could not be sent as it was a locally made product, and he would have to phone head office about the pencil drawing ! And he advised us to go to another courier whose name begins with " D " ! Which we did and no problems the girl inspected each item placed in a plastic pouch and gave us the tracking no ! And it was delivered 10am thursday !

Then there was the surplus store whose name begins with " H " on weds we went to the branch in Sucat as were in the area we wanted to buy 2 blood pressure monitors, and our driver wanted to buy two radios ! All items were tested and working fine got to the tills and our driver could not buy the radios ( no barcodes ), we were then told the prices on the 2 blood pressure monitors were wrong ( priced at 399 pesos ) but the screen price showed 780 pesos ! All we could actually buy were some xmas items ! This happens often in this companys stores ! We have bought many things from them inc a coffee grind and blend brewer,tools etc, which were bargains !

I emailed both the courier and the surplus companies who were very apolgetic ! And both said they would look into my concerns.we shall see 

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, expatuk2014 said:

Normally I find customer service here to be very good. 

This opening sentence floored me.....surely  your not serious.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, RBM said:

Overall yes i am serious ! Compared to the UK where for example the Eqiv of Abenson everything on didplay are for show only ! If you want a washing machine or cooker or fridge etc they are supplied direct from the maker ! Here in Phil we have bought a washing machine,and a new tv,the Tv we took with us the washing machine delivered in the afternoon. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, expatuk2014 said:

Overall yes i am serious ! Compared to the UK where for example the Eqiv of Abenson everything on didplay are for show only ! If you want a washing machine or cooker or fridge etc they are supplied direct from the maker ! Here in Phil we have bought a washing machine,and a new tv,the Tv we took with us the washing machine delivered in the afternoon. 

I agree, maybe a few stores back home should follow their lead, I've had nothing but positive service, (except out of stock, ) from all staff whether in food, haberdashery, electrical, or so far anything else. Sometimes a bit peeved when their English differs from mine, but it's their country. :thumbsup: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, RBM said:

Local customer service where I live is outstanding. I've had the same car mechanic to this day when I moved here in 2002. He tried giving me the "it's up to you" quote when I asked him how much it would cost to fix something. I made him give me a number that we could agree on. Even after I bought a new car and don't need his services anymore I still go to his shop to shoot the shit. My GF and his wife have become friends also. He made sure that the AC repair shop across the street from his shop didn't take advantage of me.:smile:

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
Lobstered
Posted
Posted

I generally find individual Filipinos want to provide good service but too often they can't firstly because they work for a company that does not care at all about customer service and secondly because they receive no training and have limited knowledge.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I generally find Filipino staff are polite and well spoken and most times there are plenty of staff available compared to the customer numbers but they can be lacking in knowledge and/or inexperienced.  

• Like 4
  • Love it 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I find customer service great as long as everything runs according to the script. However, the slightest deviation from said script tends to leave me frustrated. I've shared several experiences of this before, but they are the exception. 

It's a churlish complaint but I find being followed around the store irritating, especially when you just know the person will be unable to answer your query 50% of the time - the other 50% being the stock answer - not available! Ace hardware is bad for this - a hardware store with next to no hardware!

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I find customer service great as long as everything runs according to the script. However, the slightest deviation from said script tends to leave me frustrated. I've shared several experiences of this before, but they are the exception. 

It's a churlish complaint but I find being followed around the store irritating, especially when you just know the person will be unable to answer your query 50% of the time - the other 50% being the stock answer - not available! Ace hardware is bad for this - a hardware store with next to no hardware!

We were in Ace hardware recently and there must have been the best part of 100 staff in there, just a sea of red waistcoats. Must have outnumbered the customers 5 to 1.

• Like 3