Here's a good one! No school and no work for the government this afternoon!

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Why do you think they are not doing it properly ?

For a start..maybe perform exhaust emission tests correctly? Maybe a safety check on vehicles older than 50 yrs!:rolleyes:

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Arizona Kid said:

For a start..maybe perform exhaust emission tests correctly? Maybe a safety check on vehicles older than 50 yrs!:rolleyes:

I don't believe the LTO perform emission tests, they're done by independent testing stations aren't they?

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

I don't believe the LTO perform emission tests, they're done by independent testing stations aren't they?

But surely the LTO must have some form of overwatch on them, I mean carrying out emissions tests without starting the engine, come on. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
Just now, Gary D said:

But surely the LTO must have some form of overwatch on them, I mean carrying out emissions tests without starting the engine, come on. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

In a western country they would have a system in place (with legislated or authorized authority for enforcement) to monitor licensed testers (a company who did bus safety testing in Victoria, Australia recently had their right to test suspended and so did a major bus company customer of theirs for example).

But in the Philippines?  I'm not so sure...

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, Gary D said:

I've seen a few videos in Manila where they stop suspected smoking jeepneys and test on the side of the road with a machine with a probe up the exhaust. 

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I've seen a few videos in Manila where they stop suspected smoking jeepneys and test on the side of the road with a machine with a probe up the exhaust. 

A neighbour of ours owned a Jeepney and drove it himself, I always saw it when I went for my morning walk.  But when I came back to the Philippines in July it wasn’t moving.  I asked SWMBO papa if it was broken down and he said they weren’t allowed to use it because it didn’t pass the smoke test.  It’s gone now and he is selling cars, not driving the jeepney.

And I have noticed fewer smoking jeepneys around CDO than during previous trips.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

And what was the original topic?  :89:

Ok, I'll go with the flow.  The past Friday I reported this vehicle to SBMA (Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority) for belching heavy black smoke.  It belongs to SBMA.  Waiting to see if anything is done.

71722027_10215180992018218_3405400683334074368_n.jpg