Health benefits

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

My best buddy whom i share a house with has a list of ailments as long as your arm ,he is constantly in pain , he has wrighters syndrom ,diabetic , dodgy heart ,crumpled discs in his back to nane a few 

The uk weather is killing him , the cold is eating into his well being 

Hes got another two weeks before hes off to porac , he tells ne that his aches and pains go away after a week or two in the Philippines, he attributes it to tge warmer climate

Does anyone else benefit in this way 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

I'll be 68 in Dec. Moved here in 2002. All I have right now is a sore foot that comes and goes. Can't attribute it to the warmer weather. Maybe it's the Bar Vodka that I drink that keeps me going!:laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Actually, Robert Lewis Stevenson - famous author - found that living in Samoa (not American Samoa) greatly improved his physical ailments. His were mostly breathing (asthma) issues... 

I certainly feel healthier than when I lived in Seattle - which tends to have a cool and moist environment. But this is totally unscientific...

Could the Mediterranean even help him out? Writer's syndrome, heart issues, diabetes, all sound like life-style changes might assist regardless of his location... Disks and arthritic or bone or muscle issues might feel better with warmer climate, but no guarantee...

Just my ideas to maybe help your buddy...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

I'll be 68 in Dec. Moved here in 2002. All I have right now is a sore foot that comes and goes. Can't attribute it to the warmer weather. Maybe it's the Bar Vodka that I drink that keeps me going!:laugh:

Could be gout in early stages, AK? How about when you eat a lot of shellfish?...  Seriously...

Edited by Tommy T.

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

When he does his 4 month stay in porac he says he feels a lot better , even managed to sleep through the night , something that causes his trouble here in the UK , his problems are degenerative,  on his return to the UK , he looks much fitter and feels better , his problems are worsened by the cold weather , he comes back to look after his business concerns ,loads up on meds , it takes two months to replenish his stock courtesy of our free NHS

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, bastonjock said:

When he does his 4 month stay in porac he says he feels a lot better , even managed to sleep through the night , something that causes his trouble here in the UK , his problems are degenerative,  on his return to the UK , he looks much fitter and feels better , his problems are worsened by the cold weather , he comes back to look after his business concerns ,loads up on meds , it takes two months to replenish his stock courtesy of our free NHS

The climate in Britain is not really healthy for a lot of people... Philippines might not be the best, but the Med or anywhere warmer and dryer sound good to me! My suggestion only... remember, I am not a doctor...

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

The climate in Britain is not really healthy for a lot of people... Philippines might not be the best, but the Med or anywhere warmer and dryer sound good to me! My suggestion only... remember, I am not a doctor...

I would consider a tropical climate as quite harsh to a someone from a temperate climate.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I definitely have less problems with breathing in the Philippines (less congestion and less Salbutamol needed) compared to Victorian winter temperatures.  Going outside the heated house into sub 0 Temperatures at night in a Victorian hill country winter and my angina will often trigger.  I still get angina with too much exercise but one trigger is better than two *shrug*.  Less congestion seems to lead to less colds and lung infections in the Philippines too.  My allergies aren’t as bad in the Philippines either.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Gary D said:

I would consider a tropical climate as quite harsh to a someone from a temperate climate.

I disagree with you, Gary... at least partially... Many people - myself included - find the tropical climate to be much better for various ailments...

Sure... you are quite right that it may not work or be good for a number of people...

So I am thinking that the only way to test it is for someone - like Baston's friend? - to give it a try. From the ailments listed, there seems to not be a lot to lose by testing it. Again... I am not a doctor by any means... It does not sound like he could get much worse from a change in climate? What do you think?

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Hes got another two weeks before hes off to porac , he tells ne that his aches and pains go away after a week or two in the Philippines, he attributes it to tge warmer climate

I noticed the difference, Back in the UK I could hardly walk (Knees)and Lower back pain. Now 3 years living here the pain has gone, no need for painkillers. :muscle_80_anim_gif:

• Like 4