Chaos at NAIA Terminal 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I had that problem 3 years ago at NAIA so nothing changes . . except for the return trip.  When I last entered, a month ago, the Chinese were coming in droves.  They push their way to the front of the immigration line up, no couth and no one stops them.  I tried to push back in front of them but it was useless.  Too many of them and they have no respect for anyone else in line.  It took me two hours to go through the immigration line to get back into the Philippines.  Plan for that possibility when booking connecting flights.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

OzeMike
Posted
Posted

Wonder if it is easier in Cebu Mactan International airport or Davao Airport?  

Viking
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Maybe you guys looked nefarious. Customs officers have the right to question anyone they would like. It's their job. :hohoho_smiley: 

In my place, Customs officers check what people bring in or out of the country, NOT the travellers themself. Thats the job for Immigration.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

I understand your frustration, but it cannot be done at the passport application stage as that may have been done 5 years ago -  a lot can change in 5 years.  Even at the Visa application level it may not work - some visas are rolling and some countries do not require any visa. 

The real issue is not the process itself, rather how poorly organised it is here.  

Yes that's kind of my point.  Countries that want to keep Filipinas out would simply require a travel visa before entering.  So why should the customs official in her own country give her the '20 questions' about why she's traveling somewhere?  That would be like your customs guy in Scotland giving you a hard time about traveling to Europe.  You'd probably tell him to piss off.   

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, RBM said:

our current trip to Vietnam

7 hours ago, Clermont said:

Yeah they again tried that bulldust on the wife and me last Christmas

6 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Singapore

Clermont, what was your destination? 

All:  Is this mainly a problem for the countries that do not require a visa?

Some of my wife's family are travelling with us to New Zealand next month, for a wedding.  They all have separate bookings and they have all secured their New Zealand visa.  The New Zealand visa is electronic so nothing is stamped in their passports.  Same for my wife and oldest daughter.

Sister 1:  About 45.  Married but separated.  Has never been out of the country.  She is a teacher.  She knows about the DPED requirements.  She just got her visa today so now her nephew in NZ will now buy her ticket and she will get the DPED done.  I assume she has permission from her direct boss already.

Sister 2:  About 47.  Married.  Her husband was an OFW but now at home.  She has been to HK a few times and worked there.

Brother:  About 46.  Has worked in UK and Taiwan.  Been to Singapore.

The PAL flight leaves at something like 0655, so they will arrive at terminal two in the middle of the night.

Thoughts about them?

Viking
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I see, thanks, HK... I certainly don't advocate lying to anyone here in government for any reason. It's not right, it would give a terrible impression for other ex-pats and just cause BI and Customs to tighten up further, and the personal consequences would likely be nasty.

The reason I asked is because we traveled to Taiwan on PAL last year as a couple - not married. It was her first time outside the country, the first use of her passport. Nobody asked her or me if we were traveling alone. Maybe it is because of her other preparations that she was not questioned? She is a school teacher and, as such, was required to obtain approval from several officials from National, then Division, and her school principal too. She had a document authorizing her for international travel signed by just about everyone in DepEd! And she traveled again this year to Korea just with her daughter in April and then to Japan, solo, just last month. Never questioned, never hassled, but always with a permission letter from DepEd.

You need a permit from your employer, to have a vacation in another country, if you are a schoolteacher???

What´s the reason for that? :89:

Clermont
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Clermont, what was your destination? 

We were heading back home to Oz, and I've even sat on their baggage conveyor when they buggerd up the wife's passport renew. Yeah a quick wit when they try to beggar you around helps. They bugger you around, you hold the whole process up. :hystery:

As for the Chinese, I'm 6', long armed and not overweight, all pric= and ribs is how some describe me, I've had the little fellows try that in Hong Kong and a loud bellowing voice telling them to get back in line while waving the arms around above their heads, gets plenty of attention and the people that try it soon fall back in line. Remember, after all no-one knows you, so don't feel ashamed, that's what I keep telling the wife. :hystery:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, RBM said:

My understanding is.....All first time Filipino travelers will have to go through screening .

This point proves no one reads much or does their homework before arriving at the airport. Go back 3 or so months and my experiences is posted here with first time traveling Filipina.

Now our departure point was Cebu but same thing I bet. One must have every document. work, business or proof of relationship as well as photos of relationship  they can find and after an interview with just GF, not me everything is fine and on our way.

• Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I see in this topic confusion, customs are nothing to do with immigration.  Customs make sure when you bring things into the county they are supposed to apply to the law.

This topic is or was about leaving which is immigration no matter what country. 

Two separate departments and roles.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

One must have every document. work, business or proof of relationship as well as photos of relationship  they can find and after an interview with just GF, not me everything is fine and on our way.

Having all of the documents, proof of relationship and photos of relationship does no good if it takes them 3 hours to complete the interview process (well technically 2 hours plus of waiting before starting the inteview) leaving us with 15 minutes before flight departure time and the gates having  already closed.  Mactan Cebu isn't as large or as busy so that's probably a factor in the differing experience.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1