Smart TV, Best choice for quality and price

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Looking for a Smart TV for the inlaws for Christmas. I was wondering where you may have purchased your smart TV and your thoughts on the quality and price. What about lazada or its LAZMall? We are still in the states so we either need to buy online or in the NCR where family can pick it up.

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

Although I have no direct experience of them, I would look at either Sharp or LG for a quality v price comparison. I know friends who have both and are very happy with them.

We have two Sony smart tv's and they are excellent. We bought them through Abensons. They did a good deal for both and have always given good after sales service. Not cheap but you do get what you pay for. 

I would be wary about buying a tv through Lazada just because of the ensuing headache and hassle if you needed warranty work doing on them, unless you could get that done at a local service centre. In your case I would probably get the family to buy it in person in NCR to avoid possible after sales issues.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, earthdome said:

NCR where family can pick it up.

we have two LG smart TVs. We got them as SM appliance. Very happy with them :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted

I have a TCL 4k on the way from Lazada.  Best bang for the buck I was able to find.  Cost-wise I would have had to pay almost double for a Sony or LG.  I would recommend to stay away from Sharp based on personal experience.

• Like 2

Youngster
Posted
Posted

I bought a TCL 4k TV from Abensons, but not a fan of smart TVs.  I brought over Amazon Firestick 4k and use that instead.

• Like 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted

i bought a 55 inch Skyworth from SM appliance as it fitted my price budget.. I think was less than 30- 33 K. Includes Youtube and Netflix as standard as i have no interest in getting local channel or a subscriptions. Been working fine for past year and no problems..

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted

We bought a 49" TCL smart TV from SM Appliance.  I researched on line and TCL came up well in the performance/cost analysis.  Honestly speaking, I bough it mainly for the looks - it has a very good look.  We've had it for about 2 months now and no issues - I'm happy with it.  Unfortunately, we don't get the benefit of it's 4k abilities because the internet is too slow.  I'd give it a solid 7 or 8 /10.   

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I've been keeping an eye on TCL. Seem very popular, maybe only because of the price though.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Gary D said:

I've been keeping an eye on TCL. Seem very popular, maybe only because of the price though.

I think the price is definitely what makes it so popular - it does a solid job and I suspect for most people we wouldn't really know the difference between it and high-end models - especially given the internet environment here

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

We've got a large LG smart TV in the sala and a smaller Samsung smart TV in the bedroom. 

Both have good pictures and the smart software in both is usable but limited compared to (for example) an Apple TV unit (or even the cheap Xiaomi Android TV box).

I didn't like the image quality on the couple of TCL TVs I looked at but that might have been just adjustment settings.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1